Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

She might go back to jail for 2 YEARS!!

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 08:30 PM
Anybody hear the news about Karla today? :evil: :fingerscr :fingerscr

coppperbelle
August 23rd, 2005, 08:36 PM
I heard the news. I also heard from someone I correspond with in Halifax that this guy had been begging to have her work for him. He wrote letters to the parole board etc... and that he also left his two kids alone with her in his store. I heard tonight that he has an extensive criminal record and many think he has been setting her up so that she offends again and he will be the hero that sent her back to jail.
Someone also suggested to me that she got herself a dog to attract children. Sad state of the world if this is true.
Apparently she has been living in Longueuil.

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
I don't know if it's to attract kids, but I heard she does have a dog.

Even if he "seduced" her into working there and taking care of his kids, she should know better. :rolleyes:

Rick C
August 23rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
The guy with the accusation is himself now being accused of trying to sell it to media for $35,000 and the SUN newspaper chain, the newspaper breaking the story, is a sensationalistic and unreliable pile of slime in itself.

I don't care one way or the other if she goes back to prison or not. Just colour me skeptical in this instance. It sounds a bit like a set-up.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 08:46 PM
Set up or not, she doesn't deserve freedom.

toby's tracy
August 23rd, 2005, 09:25 PM
Heard on CBC this afternoon...

The statement from the department of correctional facilities is that the employer's statement was fabricated....He said that she visited someone in prison, but prison visits need to be okayed (you can't just go visit someone in prison without going through an approval process) and she would have been flagged if she tried to do this.

A bunch of lies by a disturbed man...

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 09:28 PM
Awwwww. :(

Dog Dancer
August 24th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I feel bad for her dog! What happens to the dog if she goes back to prison? I certainly wouldn't go and shop somewhere if I knew she worked there, and I think this guy is just as bad as her. He's a user. I just wish she'd go away - period.

Rick C
August 24th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I just wish she'd go away - period.

Isn't that what she's trying to do? :sorry:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Roxy's_MA
August 24th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if she welcomed prison. I don't think she wanted to leave.

Lizzie
August 24th, 2005, 01:26 PM
I agree with you Prin. She doesn't deserve freedom. After what she's done...imagine being a part of the French or Mahaffey families. I doubt they are pleased that she's out. It's what makes them feel better that matters to me....not what makes Homolka feel better.

Bearsmom
August 24th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I agree with you Prin. She doesn't deserve freedom. After what she's done...imagine being a part of the French or Mahaffey families. I doubt they are pleased that she's out. It's what makes them feel better that matters to me....not what makes Homolka feel better.

What would make the families feel better is if she got the electric chair.

Lizzie
August 24th, 2005, 02:36 PM
What would make the families feel better is if she got the electric chair.

Honestly, I don't think it's fair for anyone to suggest she's doing no harm being free unless they can fully understand the impact of her actions on their families. If that's what they want, then so be it.

Prin
August 24th, 2005, 02:41 PM
If it happened to you, someone in your family, or a friend's family, you'd feel the same way. She is a disgusting person. Anyway, I won't get too into it this time as I have said everything on the last thread when she had just gotten out... I didn't really want to rehash bad stuff, just discuss the glimmer of hope that she might be gone again. ;) :fingerscr

twinmommy
August 24th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I agree with Prin and Bearsmom!!

Without rehashing the old thread, I find it strange that they threw Martha Stewart in the slammer for 20 yrs, and this disgusting excuse for a human being is walking the streets......

sorry for the rant...

p.s. Bearsmom!! how r ya? (sorry for the hijack.....:))

Luvmypit
August 24th, 2005, 03:12 PM
She has no remorse . Believes she is really a victim. Anyone who meets her including her pschologist in jail and this man has said she is all about Karla. She is extremely narcissitic. They beleive that she is at a risk to reoffend.

No matter what this guys criminal record was in the early 90's and his pending charges which only some papers also mentioned the fact that the Ex wife is charged with attempted murder in the same case. So its not like its a cut and dry deal. No matter what, what matters is if Karla breached her conditions. It was her responsibilty to tell her boss whether he knew or not that she was not allowed in the company of minors.

Also that 35,000 thing was something he said when the journalist hollared at him as he walked from a meeting, that he would talk for 35000 and he kept walking. It seems more so that b/c the sun found her that all the other papers are jealous. Also Sun says and another paper both say that they never paid for any interview or photos. Do I think this guy was just doing a good deed. Probably not. But having prior convictions doesn't rendor him a man without morals. I think he wanted the publicity who knows.

All I think about is the Mahaffey family and French familes. They deserve more resolve. I don't care one inch if she got hit by a bus tommorrow. She is an aweful person that blames police for not catching the Scarboro rapist cause that would have meant no one would have died. She knew he was the scarboro rapist where is her responsibilty? She is so out of touch of reality.

Bearsmom
August 24th, 2005, 04:08 PM
If that's what they want, then so be it.

Without getting into it, it IS what they want. We also keep hoping one of the correctional officers will "accidentally" release Bernardo into general population.

Bearsmom
August 24th, 2005, 04:11 PM

I'm hanging by a spider's web above a pit of angry alligators, other than that, it's a beautiful day, I've lost weight since we've been renovating my parents' new condo, and Robbie aka "the sponge" is talking a mile a minute.

PS Sorry for the second hijack, but why is it that your children only repeat the bad words you say by accident in front of them? I dropped something today, said, "oh, *****", and of course, my little two year old gem yelled it all through the toy department of walmart. I wanted to die.

Rick C
August 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I agree with Prin and Bearsmom!!

Without rehashing the old thread, I find it strange that they threw Martha Stewart in the slammer for 20 yrs, and this disgusting excuse for a human being is walking the streets......

sorry for the rant...

You know, its pretty hard to to turn a despicable figure into a sympathic one such as happened when New York prosecutors blindly pursued Martha Stewart.

But its something that could happen in the case of even someone as despicable as Homolka.

I'm certainly not happy that a despicable figure and chronic wingnut like Todd Bertuzzi didn't get another 20 games suspension from the NHL. My personal feeling is the punishment by the league was inadequate . . . . but would I take that out on Hockey Canada the next day, as many did, when they named him to Canada's Olympic team when his NHL punishment ended? No. The problem was the NHL's justice system, not Hockey Canada. What's done is done.

Pretty much everyone feels Homolka got off too lightly, myself included. I don't blame Homolka for that though, nor do I take it out on her. I blame the system and the incompetent investigation that led to her light plea bargain deal.

So I do wonder, now that she's out on the street and being hunted relentlessly, if she will begin to elicit sympathy through no actions of her own but rather the actions of her tormenters as was the case with Martha Stewart.

As an example, for discussion, the first glimpse of such sympathy in this thread on Homolka on another off-topic board (and no, I did not post in this thread):

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/index.php?showtopic=15318

Just stirring up trouble!! :highfive: :D

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Roxy's_MA
August 24th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I have to agree with Rick C on this one. Not because I believe she should be free. I think she should have been sentenced according to her crime not some deal she made. Something is wrong with the system that allowed her to get such a short jail term in the first place.

chico2
August 24th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Yes,I too agree with Rick..Karla should have been locked up for the rest of her life,but as long as our justice-system,is what it is,it will keep on happening.
Heck,mothers starve their babies to death and don't even go to jail :evil:
Karla got a dog,because she is capable of loving a dog,I doubt she had any sinister plans,especially with little kids,she is a killer but not a pedophile,at least not that I know of.
Martha Stewart was in jail for 5 month and it did seem to have done her some good :D

babyrocky1
August 24th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Did that pup look like a pure bread bull dog to you guys??? Arent they about three thousand bucks....What kind of job does she have anyway GEEEZE!!!!!Ofcourse she should be in jail forever! I dont believe in the death penalty in theory but if I DID......

Lizzie
August 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I thought it was a King Charles Spaniel....also a very expensive dog.