Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Since when is 16 degrees COAT weather!!

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 12:07 AM
Here's my trivial, not-so-serious rant about the weather. ;) (not too much action tonight... :D )

I think our summer has been so hot that 16 degrees outside is now FREEZING. I LOVE 16 degrees. Between 15 and 20 is my ideal summer day. And now it's ruined because of the endless 28 degree days with humidex readings around 35 degrees. :mad:

Ah, well. It could be worse. Way worse.

My boyfriend went to Quebec this weekend to visit a few friends, one of which was in the tsunami. His hotel was among the only things (along two mountains) to not be completely submerged. 1 in 6 people on that island died. He now has the energy and joie de vivre of a 6 year old. We're all ok. ;) We're always ok, right? We have it great here. :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 23rd, 2005, 12:19 AM
It is usually around 35 here in the summer. They make it so cold at my work with the air conditioning I have to wear my jacket, you go outside from freezing air conditioning into a sauna.

Come winter though where is 20 below all the highschool kids still wear there sleveless shirts and shorts. Can't quite figure that trend out.

Rick C
August 23rd, 2005, 11:19 AM
A bunch of years ago I was living in northern Alberta and its was minus 40 or worse every morning for three straight weeks. Finally it warmed up to MINUS 15 and everyone, including myself, was walking around with our jackets open, luxuriating in the wonderful warmth.

I guess its all a matter of perspective.

Speaking of weather, last week I had a fairly heavy frost on my windshield and there was fresh snow coating the mountains down to lower elevations.

Two days ago, it was about 30 Celcius.

By tomorrow the high is going to be about 11 Celcius and we have a heavy rainfall warning.

A few days from now it will be 25 again.

We're going kind of loopy trying to guess whats going to happen next.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
So your weather is basically having hot flashes? :D

melanie
August 23rd, 2005, 05:37 PM
since forever mate. i would never go ut in 16deg c without at least a skivy and jumper, and mostlikely a coat. there is nothing sader than being cold, next to cold the only other horror i think is hunger, cold and hunger i ahte...even 20deg c get a thick jumper....

but summer summer summer i love you and miss you too much, this winter will never end. :o

if its under 30deg c i dont call it summer, thats spring actually.

i love it hot hot hot, i hate wearing lots of cloths, i find summer physically inspiring and very energetic. its the only great season as far as im concerned...

PS that lot in queensland will often have jumpers on into the 20s, they freak if it gets down to 15, lots of my friends up there dont have heating as its not very oft used...

'summer time, the livins easy' :D

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 07:28 PM
LOL Just come to Canada, have a few burgers and poutines and then you'll want to cover yourself up like the rest of us.. :D

Frankly, I would much rather be cold and hungry than hot and FULL. That's the ickiest feeling ever. :yuck: