Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We Got A Car

raingirl
August 22nd, 2005, 09:05 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for their tips.

we got a 2000 mazda protege. only 78,000 km, driven for pleasure only by the wife of the accountant who works for the dealership. Brand new radio and CD player (old one skipped and was replaced under warrenty). New tires, security system. Everything works (we checked). Mechanic said it was all good. Talked the price down to less than average for that year/model/mileage. Payment were a little higher than we planned, but we did a budget and can afford it. If we are having problems, I'll get a weekend job decorating cakes for a bit.

Only thing we need to do is work out insurance. we got some good quotes, so we are just working out the best deal now.

Thanks again everyone! We have already decided to go on a road trip for one day during labour day weekend. Can anyone suggest somewhere to go (we were thinking georgian bay or MacGregor Point Provincial Park).

StaceyB
August 22nd, 2005, 09:09 PM
Check into a broker, you may be able to get a better deal.

Prin
August 22nd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Yey!! Road Trip!!

You left out the most important part! The color!! I bet it's grey. There are soo many grey cars these days.

raingirl
August 23rd, 2005, 08:09 AM
Haha. Actually, it's blue! I love that it's blue!

We have tried a lot of brokers, but most are saying they don't accept new drivers, and pointing us to TD or PC insurance (all the direct sellers).

I may have found a broker though, just waiting for a call back from her this morning. If we get insurance all working today, we get the car tomorrow!

Rick C
August 23rd, 2005, 10:15 AM
Congrats on getting a good car.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Dog Mom
August 23rd, 2005, 11:04 AM
Congrats Raingirl!! good choice on colour! blue is my favorite :crazy:

Prin
August 23rd, 2005, 12:20 PM
I looked on consumer reports and 2000 is where the protege's start to get more reliable. Yey!.

Oh and Yey for it being blue! :)