Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stolen Mastiff Puppy

Byrd
August 22nd, 2005, 07:21 PM
I don't know if this is in the right section or not, but this was posted on another forum that I belong to:

Please Help
Hey guys, looking for some help here, my puppy was stolen on Sunday night between 9 and 11 pm from my backyard.

English Mastiff
- 8 weeks old
- Light Brown with black nose and cheeks
- and white under his chin
- Harley Davidson Collar
- still young but might answer to the name "Samson".

Pic attached. Any info would help, $150 dollar reward for his return or any info leading to it. Thanx guys.

This was in Hamilton, Ontario.

Wudjah
August 22nd, 2005, 07:51 PM
Gosh, I don't want to start anything and I usually try to live by "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all", but who in their right mind would leave a purebred puppy, ANY puppy for that matter, alone in their backyard for that length of time?!?! I do hope these people find their baby (I have no doubt that they are worried sick), but hopefully they'll be more responsible the next time around!!

coppperbelle
August 22nd, 2005, 07:59 PM
Gosh, I don't want to start anything and I usually try to live by "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all", but who in their right mind would leave a purebred puppy, ANY puppy for that matter, alone in their backyard for that length of time?!?! I do hope these people find their baby (I have no doubt that they are worried sick), but hopefully they'll be more responsible the next time around!!

The first thing I thought when I read this post was who would leave an 8 week old puppy out at night between 9 and 11 p.m.? That is like leaving a newborn unattended for two hours.
I hope they find their puppy and that they have learned a lesson.

Byrd
August 22nd, 2005, 08:00 PM
Honestly, I didn't even notice that. This is from a Jeep forum, so the guys, like, one of those 'rugged' men. :rolleyes: Probably didn't even think about the poor thing being a baby and all. :rolleyes:

DogueLover
August 22nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
I am not sure about breeders of English Mastiffs but I know that both of my bordeauxs came with a microchip. Hopefully this person purchased his pup from a reputable breeder/ or he had a microchip put into the pup.
If that is the case then the original breeder and the owner registered with the microchip will be contacted if and when the pup is ever scanned.
I don`t believe that any dog should be left for that amount of time alone in the backyard, especially one so young.
My hope is that they find the puppy, I know how devastating that could be.

Lucky Rescue
August 22nd, 2005, 08:17 PM
150$ reward won't tempt any dog thief into giving back a purebred puppy.

Might be better not to mention the amount.

I also cannot imagine anyone leaving such a young puppy outside alone for hours.

Maybe he was crying and the person who took him felt sorry for him. Let's hope so anyway. :(

Byrd
August 22nd, 2005, 09:59 PM
The same questions are being asked over there. This is what the guy wrote:

I haven't had a chance to have him chipped, although I will be chipping all my future pets. The only main thing he has is the white under his chin, not really noticeable unless u look there. I am dropping posters off at Vets around Hamilton. There was a festival going on behind my backyard, parents were outside watching both dogs while they were tied up, my parents went to check out the party for a bit, came back and found only 1 dog. I appreciate everything guys, thanx again.

PM me if you find the pup and need the contact numbers.

mona_b
August 22nd, 2005, 10:15 PM
There was a festival going on behind my backyard, parents were outside watching both dogs while they were tied up

OMG,not only did they leave this poor baby out alone,but they had him tied up....... :evil:

Was it this Sunday or last Sunday?The only festival going on was lastweekend.The fetival of friends.

I will definately keep my eye out.But since he is not chipped,I highly doubt that this pup will be returned.

Geeezzzz,what are people thinking???????

Prin
August 22nd, 2005, 10:16 PM
Poor doggy, whatever the outcome. I hope he ends up neutered in a great home. Who sells purebred mastiffs without a tatoo or microchip??!? :mad:

mona_b
August 22nd, 2005, 10:18 PM
Who sells purebred mastiffs without a tatoo or microchip??!?

BYB's.Who else.

Prin
August 22nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
Gmmrrrrrr.. :mad: :mad: I didn't want to say it.

Byrd, tell that Jeep guy to come here and learn about pets!! :)

Byrd
August 23rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Another quote from the guy:
The dogs were tied up apart from eachother in my back yard, which means the theif walked into my backyard and took him. The other dog is a 1yr old ****zu, and is actually smaller than the mastiff. The breeder is a friend of mine so i told him not to bother chipping him.

I know $150 bucks won;t make the theif want to return him, and if the theif were to show up, he wouldn;t be alive long to enjoy the money. By the looks of it, whoever took the dog is someone who knows me and who must have seen my parents at the festival, along with the fact that a few people I know wanted pups but there weren;t enough or they wanted it cheaper. The breeder is making a few calls and house visits to those people to see if they know of anything, once again, I appreciate all the help guys

He's also raised the reward to $250.

And I really must say, that I got my dog from a BYB and she is fine and healthy, not microchipped until I had her done. I paid $250 for her, I wouldn't have been able to afford anything more from a 'reputable' breeder. Sure, I don't condone it, but they aren't all bad.