Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Urgent Foster Homes needed

Toonces
August 22nd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Please if anyone out there is able to foster a dog please contact GSRT at www.gsrt.net or send me a PM, we are in desperate need of foster homes

SOS MIOW
August 27th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Wish I could help .... too bad we are so far away.

Toonces
August 28th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Thank SOS MIOW,

We did find one foster home and are transporting today, so thats one down.

SOS MIOW
August 28th, 2005, 05:41 PM
I may have someone in Montreal - will let you know if they can foster.

Toonces
August 28th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Thankyou so much!!!!!

SOS MIOW
September 3rd, 2005, 11:48 PM
Sorry, but the person I had in mind is full up. I will keep my eyes open if you still need another foster home.

Diegos_Mom
September 5th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Hi my name is Kari, and I am new to this site, I worked all day Saturday at the humane society in Beaumont Texas, it has been amazing the responses that we have had, there are sooo many loving human out here that are really trying to help the evacuee's, there are tins of pets in homes already and adoption has been up so that is helping keep the place more open, it ahs been devastating for these poor critter, I had to hold back the tears, as I spent most of the day in the cages just loving these totally freaked out pets, and I was fortunate enough to also see a few owners come to pick up their pets, some may be there longer and some may only need help for a few days or weeks, but keep up the great work of networking :grouphug: , and raising funds, if you are not near the Katrina area believe me it is gut retching and extremely devastating that these pet have endured already, the awesome thing is despite Georges lack of response :mad: , we the people of Texas and many others, have begun to preserve what life and spirit there is left for these wonderful pets and their wonderful humans too :thumbs up . THANK YOU TO EVERYONE OUT THERE HELPING :angel:
PS-GETTING IN TOUCH WITH ANY LOCAL RELIEF OR CHECKING OUT OUR LOCAL HUMANE SOCIETIES WEB PAGE, IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, THANKS KARI
http://www.petsforpeople.org/ HERE IS OUR WEB SITE, THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

SOS MIOW
September 5th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Hi my name is Kari, and I am new to this site,

Welcome Diegos Mom. Perhaps you should post on the "Introduce Yourself Here" board so that we can all get to know you a bit.

:)