Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

BANNING not enough...they still want our dogs gone!

Conners
August 22nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
This article just came out in the London Free Press this morning.
Under the proposed bylaw, pit bull owners would have to:

- Pay a licence fee of $130 annually, compared to the current $25.

- Pay $25 for a warning sign at the entrance to their property.

- Pay a first-time administration fee of $25.

- Provide proof their pit bull is microchipped and sterilized.

- Purchase $1 million in liability insurance.

Owners of show dogs must apply for an exemption.
To read the full story read London Free Press (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePress/News/2005/08/22/1182857-sun.html) article. :mad: :sad:
Microchipping is approx. an additional $65. depending on vet, plus the cost of a check-up, not included.
The vet has information on several insurance polocies so check with your vet to get everything put together for you to look over.

lezzpezz
August 22nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
I'm on my way to City Hall as we speak. I am on my dinner hour and will report back if I catch any of this nonsense. Keep your eye out for my posts...there are a few going from me and GeorgiaPeaches re: BSL and pitbulls.....Sad news, eh??

Conners
August 22nd, 2005, 04:04 PM
Fred Traquilli (or however his name is spelt) seems like another Michael Bryant. Let me know how it goes. I'm phoning and sending emails. Wish you luck for the dogs!!!

lezzpezz
August 22nd, 2005, 06:01 PM
Hi there. I just did a HUGE post on another thread re: the newspaper article in the LFP and the city hall meeting. Go to the thread:

Alert:City eyes tighter leash on pit bulls LONDON ON!!!

and you will see my report direct from the proposed bylaw pages. It's gross.....

More to follow on that thread :eek:

Conners
August 22nd, 2005, 11:09 PM
I just checked it out and GREAT! You put the whole thing up!!! I'll see you on the other post. :)

MANNY DAMICO
September 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
My name is Manny DAmico. I lived in London, Ontario for 8 years. I actually got my American Pitbull Terrier Sadie from London. I just recently moved from London, to Calgary, AB, just a short while before the ban. I don't know what I would do without my dog. She is my best friend and the best dog I have ever had. I wrote a nasty letter to the jerk responsible for the ban, I don't even need to say his name because all pitbull lovers know who he is!
The entire ban sparked a fire so big inside my heart that I just started this brand new organization in Calgary called 'Pitbulls for Life". It is an organization dedicated to rehabilitating, rehoming and rescuing unwanted pitbulls. Our sole mission is to stop poor ownership and to give pitbulls a second chance at a good life. I am working on a website this week and should have it done by next week. If anyone is interested in the website address let me know and I will send it when it's done.
These dogs desperately need our help and compassion. If you know anyone willing to foster, adopt or donate to this organization please let me know. My contact is jmmills@telus.net.

lezzpezz
September 3rd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Hello Manny and welcome! Please post your new website info here on Pet.ca. I am sure many folks will want to view it! Congratulations and keep up the good work! We are all proud of you :grouphug:

MANNY DAMICO
September 3rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Glad to get some positive feed back for a change. If anyone is in town on Nov 4-6th come one down to the pet expo we will be promoting our foundation, and try to get some more volunteers. I am sure though I will get some negative feedback, nothing I am not prepared for!! I will send you all my website when I get it next week. Keep checking back!

babyrocky1
September 4th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Welcome Manny! Your certaInly amon friends here and thanks so much for helping our beloved Bullies! Looking forward to checking out your site!

animals angel
September 7th, 2005, 09:40 AM
meny people say that our dogs are these bad animals but the truth is the dog isn't bad they are a product of our creation! We are there voices there source of food love and they have no voice so when they have been miss treated they cant tell us they just eventualy act out and yes then they may bite someone. the truth of the matter is this could happen by any breed look how bad dalmations are they are not good with kids and are very moody dogs so why are they not banned and how about poodles they are very aggressive dogs.you see the people in ontario are so worried about our dogs why don't they start trying to get rid of the gun violence in toronto every day someone is killed or hurt but instead of leaving our babies alone and makeing the cities a safer place for our kids they would rather focus on our dogs cause its an easier target.

lezzpezz
September 7th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Welcome aboard! You are so very right...there are so many other more pressing and dangerous issues out there, like gun violence, that should be getting all of this attention, but the fiberals have decided that this is good politics, even though every single professional animal association and group has spoken vehemently against this stoopid ban, but here we are, facing a lot of troubles and forced to protect our "babies". It's a sad state of affairs.....

mastifflover
September 7th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the board. We definetly feel the pain of pit and staff owners the only one who needs a muzzle and short leash is the ever so ignorant Michael Bryant. He has no idea what he is talking about, maybe if he dealt with a real problem GUNS instead of fighting a battle against a dog when the real problem is the owners who I will assure if you take away their weapon (the poor dogs) then they will just move onto guns. Wow imagine that they will resort to another form of violence. Maybe when gun violence affects a politians family they will do something about it.