Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blaze and Jordies new Brother

goldenblaze
August 21st, 2005, 09:57 PM
BLaze and Jordie now have a new brother living wth them,
we have adopted Mr Frodo to be part of our family. :love:

Mr Frodo is Blaze's 1/2 brother both boys are 18mths old.
2 golden retriever 18 mths old in one home, we must be crazy :crazy:

Wanted to share a couple of pictures, we are very excited about Frodo joining our home.

goldenblaze
August 21st, 2005, 10:00 PM
Blaze is showing off his new brother ( room mate ) Frodo is on the right :)

Prin
August 21st, 2005, 11:00 PM
Two handsome buggers!!! I hope Jordie doesn't feel left out... :) How did you end up with him?

happycats
August 22nd, 2005, 07:16 AM
Awwww, your such an :angel: for adopting his brother, and giving him a wonderfull home!!! congratulations on your new addition, and what a beauty he is!! :love:

chico2
August 22nd, 2005, 08:16 AM
I think I remember Frodo,but I am going to look back and read his story again.
Lucky Frodo to get to stay with you,he could not get a better home.
Maybe Jordie is a bit overwhelmed???

Luvmypit
August 22nd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Awesome addition. He sure is handsome!

Congrats!!!

goldenblaze
August 22nd, 2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks Everyone!

Frodo was bought from the same breeder where Blaze came from , yes 1/2 brothers same daddy. Blaze will be 2 Feb 8th and Frodo 2 Mar 21. My old boss had bought Frodo at 8 weeks old, he has spent alot of weekends and sleepovers with us though the boys have grown up together. Frodo lived in town in a apartment and was alone alot because his Mommy had to leave him well working and due to hours she worked he did not have much time with her and only played and ran when he was with us. She asked if we would adopt Frod since she thought he deserved a better life than she could give him at this time. We live in the country and the dogs run and play all they want, over 1000 feet of fence for them to use. :)

I was not looking for another dog at this time but I was worried after her telling me a few things and the thought of never seeing him again if I didn't take him, not sure where he would end up. Now Frodo is with us and things are ok so far, he is used to being here but we will see how it goes long term. He lacks some training and we will help him daily till he is where he should be for his age, meaning he was the only child in the home so he thinks everything in sight is his and he also thinks he can chew toys into a millon little bites... not here Blaze doesn't chew toys he has toys that have been with him since 8 weeks, his favorites.

I have always loved Frodo asmine our dog and now he is my dog, he will be just fine he sure fits in great. He and Blaze do enjoy each other and little Jordie runs after them and thinks he is the boss, you know how little ones can be ;) My 3 sons, perfect little boys who all just want love and attention they sure came to the right place. Jordie will be 5 Sept 7th so having to goldens 18mths old will keep us on our toes for many years to come. :) 3 dogs and 2 birds...no more pets :D