Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Miniature Schnauzers and Water?

TeqSun
August 20th, 2005, 10:21 PM
I'm considering a min schnauzer for a family pet. I love the breed but I want a dog that likes to play in the water and I've been unable to find any info on miniature schnauzers play habits around water. Help!

Prin
August 20th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I think a really good breeder could tell you everything you need to know about these buggers.

Go here, Mona posted an excellent post about how to find a good breeder:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=18613

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 20th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I know someone that has an MS she says he hates water but I don't know what the breed standard is. My dog is a spaniel and doesn't like water and he supposed to be a water dog?

Puppyluv
August 20th, 2005, 11:05 PM
And then there's downloader's swimming whippet! It seems there are acceptions to ever rule!!!

mona_b
August 21st, 2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks Prin.... :D

Any breed will love water if you get them used to it.There is one on my dads street named Joey.He just loves the water.They actually have a kiddy pool in the back for him.He plays in it along with the grandchildren.I really don't think you will have a problem. :)

angie79
August 22nd, 2005, 07:11 AM
i have a ms and i cant say he loves water but i cant say he hates it he will struggle when we take him in the pool and likes it once he's in and play. ms are play full and have as much energy as you, they go as long as you do is what i mean and they have so much personallity great dogs....