Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WSPA thread international

melanie
August 20th, 2005, 05:33 PM
hi all, jsut thought i would put this here, i jsut realised i cant post in the wspa thread as its an add for sponsors, although this could greatly help them...

WSPA exists in canada, and almost all other 1st wrd countries, so if your scared to send money down the internet if your an internaional member i thought i would suggest taht you look for you countries WSPA, they are all the same and all the money is going to the same casue and places..i for one dont send cash overthe net, so if you want to help but are a bit wary, try the above option.....

and if yoru really rich, give a bit to the WWF while your at it, their amazing too (this is jsut incase we ahve a billionair that wants to part with serious cash)

thats all i wanted to add...

Prin
August 20th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I was wondering if they were for real. Do you have a link you could post?

I have given to the WWF (no, not the wrestlers) since I was little. :) By the way, in case anybody is wondering about environmental charities- I know in Canada Greenpeace has lost their charity status because their admin costs were too high... I don't know if it has been given back to them but I doubt it since nobody likes a salary cut.... :rolleyes:

melanie
August 21st, 2005, 04:46 PM
oh its just www.WSPA.com.insert your country initials here. its that easy, htere is uk, usa, can, nz, aussie the lot....

hey prin i am a volunteer researcher for the WWF, i am currently wroking on conservation projects that they sponsor for me, i work on propagating endangered local plant species. so local and globally both orgs do some great work that really adds to the cause...but WWF also do animal things also...

but WSPA are great, their the ones trying to get all the dancing bears outta there, and they do a good job of it too thank goodness for these guys and all the other protection against cruelty to animals ppl.

their brave and wonderful the lot of em :D

Prin
August 21st, 2005, 06:31 PM
You work for WWF? That's a cool job! They do a lot for the animals here in Canada- mainly the wolves and polar bears... :)

melanie
August 22nd, 2005, 04:39 PM
yes, but no wage unfortunatly, but it pays in other ways, i feel better doing direct conservtion actions, and they are really lovely and very helpful to me also. i am a volunteer researcher, currently i am working on two plant species, i have jsut started the secound. basically the WWF give me a block of funding, say $5000. that money goes toward building and buying materials for the job, i then research my butt off, hope for the best, cross my fingers and start propagating ad doing soil trials.

i have a cute little igloo of my own in which i conduct work, the WWF got me the igloo, i report to them on a monthly basis for regular progress updates.

one of my projects will come to an end in about two months. hopefully i will get this plant of the ground and reestablish it in its natural habitat, now thats a pretty cool acheivement in my books (dotn call me a dork, i know :eek: :p )

without the WWF there is no way this could have ever happened, no one would have given me the money, they truly do care for their environs which is very evident in the amount of money and time they are willing to invest in thesse conservaiton projects. so essentially its their thing, i jsut call meself the little indian, their the cheifs, im the indian. im jsut happy they let me take part, a great oppertunity for me, them and the local bush here.

they not only do plants theough, they also do lots of animals stuff here too...

its great to find such selfless organisations in this world, and without them much research would be impossible.

i truly think their just amazing and a wondeerful start to global conservation.

and that goes for al lthe rest too, WSPA etc etc......

Prin
August 22nd, 2005, 09:47 PM
HEY! you're not a dork. I think that's great!!! :) Here we have a purple flowery stalky plant that has come in and is taking over. People don't realize it and plant them in their gardens still. My man goes wayyyy up north (near James Bay) and they're even up there. :eek: I think what you're doing is very essential- even if nobody knows it yet. :D