Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

black as night in toronto right now

raingirl
August 19th, 2005, 02:54 PM
The store passing through right now is INSANE! It was so dark out, all we could see were the lights in the windows of the building next door. We couldn't see trees or the ground or the outline of the building. everyone was saying they have never seen it so dark outside at 3:30 in the afternoon before! It was like it was 10 PM at night!

happycats
August 19th, 2005, 03:00 PM
The weather network has issued a tornado warning for Mississauga!! :eek:

Dog Dancer
August 19th, 2005, 03:05 PM
:eek: Tornado in Mississauga, that's right near my Mom, I'll have to call her and see how she's doing. She likes it when I call, go figure! :rolleyes: Hope it clears up before you have to take Odin out Raingirl.

Luvmypit
August 19th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Tornado watch is for Durham, GTA. So pickering, Ajax, Mississauga, Brampton ect.....

I have never seen it like this. A tornado touched down in Fergus, ON.

Pulse24 says that tommorrow we could expect it to come again and worse. Lovely! I kinda enjoy itto tell you the truth. I feel so bad for capone who is at home in Ajax. They say GTA will be hit by the outsides of the storm but it will directly pass over pickering, I live in Ajax :eek: 2 minute drive... scary stuff!

chico2
August 19th, 2005, 03:39 PM
All we have here is a really strong wind and it's humid.
A few years ago a Tornado went right down my street,caused some damage to trees.I lost 6 feet off my Blue Spruce...but the neighbors giant pine-tree got totally uprooted,it's scary stuff.
I haven't heard any warnings,but then I don't have a radio on :confused: , I am in Halton(Oakville)...

Beaglemom
August 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I've never seen it this bad here in Toronto, but years ago, it got this dark at our cottage in the Kawarthas. We actually had a few tornados go by. My uncles' boat had been lifted off its trailer and dropped on the driveway, right in front of our house! We lost a tree. There are 2 roads out of our cottage to the main town, both were blocked by huge trees that had been knocked down. We had no power for days! That was a pretty scarey night. This kind of reminded me of that time.

chico2
August 19th, 2005, 04:10 PM
It's weird,now the sun is shining,but it's thundering..I love to sit out and watch a thunderstorm coming! The wonders of nature and all that :D

Luvmypit
August 19th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Im with you on that one Chico! I love to sit on my balcony and just watch the clouds come and then the thunder! its awesome! Puts me to sleep. Get a good cup of tea... and smoke for me and Im good to go!

chico2
August 19th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Me too,but forget the tea,a nice cold beer or a strong cup of coffee,is my thing....and the smoke of course :D

babyrocky1
August 19th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Sometimes I like it cause I live at the lake so you can watch the storms miles away, tonight Im nervouse though cause pooor Rocky is at home by himself and Im at work :eek: He doesnt like to be alone at the best of times! I hope the storm isnt too dramatic cause it will surely increase his seperation anxiety!

shannon1233A
August 19th, 2005, 04:31 PM
We had Tornado touch down with lots of damage in Salem, part of Elora. Apparently the municipal storage buildings are completely gone, as are some farms and homes. I only live about 3 minutes from there, and we have a few broken branches , big ones mind you, in the backyard. I hope there was no one hurt, too early to know. I had the air going and all the curtains closed cause Shanon is so afraid of storms so I didn't see anything. There are police everywhere closing the streets here and the fire department is just down the street from me so I heard lots of sirens. The police officer at the end of the street says there's lots of news crews there, so there may be pics on the news tonight. Thank goodness we're okay, hope everyone is safe

babyrocky1
August 19th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Im at work at Dundas and McCaul....its just starting now! no tea or beer or balcony...no fun at all...just kinda scary!

babyrocky1
August 19th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Gosh Shannon now thats SCARY!

Schwinn
August 19th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Wonderful. I have a 24 hour race this weekend. I guess I'd better leave my helmet with the big metal spike on it at home. I'm hoping there's no lightning when I'm on course. Riding in rain is fun...riding in lightening, not so much. Scares the poopers out of me, actually.

babyrocky1
August 19th, 2005, 05:24 PM
So next week you could come back with your personality even more "electric'"than usual LOL Good LUck with the race and the "thunder boomies"

Karin
August 19th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Gee guys, here it is hurricane season and ya'll are stealing my thunder. Feel free.

Really, I was watching the weather today...stay safe and don't forget to duck.

Do you have basements in Canada? If we did here it would be known as an indoor swimming pool.

chico2
August 20th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Aww Karin :D :D Yes we have basements in most houses here(I think!)and I am 5 min away from Lake Ontario,no danger it will overflow..also for rain-storms we've never had to worry,so far.We're kind of on a slope...

Byrd
August 20th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Tee hee, I live in a basement (well a walk out basement), so no worry from tornados for me (all though I do have a phobia... someone just mentions the word and :eek: ). That was quite the show yesterday though, wasn't it? And, I hear that we're in for more today.

Prin
August 20th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Tornadoes are literally and undeniably my worst fear ever. One mention of them and I get nightmares for a while... I have no basement here (just a crawl space), but as soon as I'm working again, that's the first thing we're going to invest in.

I hope everybody is ok. :)