Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I have no rant . . . .

Rick C
August 19th, 2005, 12:06 AM
I have no rant. :sorry:

Things are going pretty good. Dogs are healthy. Cats are fine. Doing well at work. Wife is happy. Making good money. Had a great holiday earlier this year. Going on another one shortly.

You people are great too. No complaints.

If you don't have a rant, feel free to post your lack of a rant in this thread.

Be my guest. Always room for more. Pull up a stump and share.

Supposed to be a nice weekend too I hear.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
August 19th, 2005, 01:44 AM
One day, I'll be able to really post in here. One day.

I'm truly glad everything is rant-free on your end, Rick. Makes me believe it's possible. :)

Stewart
August 19th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Well lifes back on track for me after a plant closure forced me to go out into the big world and find a new job after being with my my previous job for 32yrs.I first found a job that tied me over for a few weeks but I knew wasnt going to be the job for me and now am in a job I wished I had found years ago,I really cant believe how well I've done.The cats are fine and the dogs just fine to and its great to know there is still life in this old dog also ! ;)

toby's tracy
August 19th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Thanks for this Rick! It's about time we celebrated the fabulous in our lives!

On Monday, I finished a major research project (not THE major research project, which is scheduled to begin in September and end in June, but a major research project all the same!) and submitted the report - on time! 61 pages of writing!!!!

Toby had his operation yesterday (neuter) and he is doing well. I'm going to bring him home today. :love:

My boyfriend is coming home tonight after a long week away. :love:

I am starting a new job next week!

I tried out a Japanese swordsmanship class at the Y last night and I really enjoyed it. Looks like I may have found a new pastime.

Wow - when you look for it, there are tons of things to celebrate!

toby's tracy
August 19th, 2005, 07:21 AM
its great to know there is still life in this old dog also ! ;)

Way to go!!! :thumbs up

BMDLuver
August 19th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Congrats Stewart! :highfive:

No rant here either. Life is good, kids and family all well, and it's a beautiful sunny day here! :D

chico2
August 19th, 2005, 09:04 AM
No rants from me either,hubbie is working his last day today,then early retirement :highfive:I have a looong to-do list for him,but I'll help,love fixing things!
We're living the empty-nest life and enjoying it to the fullest,3 sons replaced by 3 cats.
It's raining,but it's nice..I am watching all the birds outside at my feeders,my 5 crows were just here for brekkie,peanuts,dry cat-food,leftovers.Nobody is telling me what I can or cannot do(not that anyone ever could!)it's a good life!
Now,if I could only save all he little tormented souls in shelters... :sad:

Jazz&Cricket
August 19th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Well, let's see, I celebrated another birthday a couple of days ago....and that's a good thing :)

My DH is happy because he's finally seeing progress on our outbuilding project which he is constructing all by himself (26 x 40!!)...and it will be a stackwall building (which I LOVE!!)

I've just started training 3 of 4 dogs in agility at home and so far so good :) Cricket, my fear aggressive, hip dysplasia dog, LOVES it, which makes me happy. Dusty the foundling continues to make us laugh....his nickname is Dusty Bad A**!! only because he has a knack for getting into mischief

OH....IT'S RAINING :D It's been so darn dry here that I thought I was living in a desert! We even had a lightning strike start a fire in our bush :eek: so I'm happy, no, I'm VERY happy to see some rain.

My daughter and significant other have confirmed their flight from Finland to Canada for Christmas :) which means I get some REALLY good chocolate.

So :thumbs up everyone...may all your wishes come true And special thanks to Rick C for starting this thread :)

SarahLynn123
August 19th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Great thread!

I have no rant either! Im going back to school in a couple weeks and the company Im currently employed with is keeping me on part time, at the same wage and position Im at right now despite the fact that my future career has nothing to do with my current career!

All the animals are great and healthy and my boyfriend left for Vegas at 4:00am this morning to win us millions! So yep, no rant either!

Copper'sMom
August 19th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I have no rant either!(does the spelling look right???) :confused:

Even if I start to feel bad, I am filled with joy from my furbabies by just looking at them. They always bring a smile to my face. I just loooove them soooo much!! :love:
If it weren't for them, then I'd probably be ranting away!!! LOL

Schwinn
August 19th, 2005, 10:45 AM
I'm crusty and cranky, so I'll leave all you happy people to your stumps!

*storms off, trips over stump, curses*

Rick C
August 19th, 2005, 10:59 AM
You know, I had thick frost on my windshield this morning and its only August 19th . . . . . but I can't even rant about that as the crisp, cool air and the brilliant dusting of new snow on the Rockies filled me with joy as I drove down my country lane and turned towards Calgary.

It was enough to overcome my growing rant about the unexpected construction that delayed my destination by ten minutes.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

nymph
August 19th, 2005, 11:15 AM
you people are too darn funny! ROFL

heeler's rock!
August 19th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Great thread Rick! :thumbs up

Not much ranting here either. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant, and counting! I'm off work in 3 weeks and 3 days, and little guy is due 3 weeks later! Just having hubby paint his room, doing the last bit of shopping for him, and gearing up the house for a baby! We sadly had to rehome our cats and bunnies at the beginning of the month as DH got a new job keeping him out of town for long periods of time, and I just can't handle 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 bunnies, and a new baby alone. It was hard to come to the decision, but we had to do what was best for the animals and for us. I'm happy to report though that our kitties went to a great home together, with lovely people! I was torn up about it, but after hearing how well they've been doing at their new home, it made me feel better. Now we just have 3 dogs, and they're all well. Kia just got spayed as I convinced my friend who wanted to breed her not to, so that's made me feel a whole lot better! Turned out he was rethinking the whole thing anyways, so it wasn't too hard to convince him not to breed. :) They all got their shots and yearly exams and all's good.

We have our new furniture arriving tomorrow, and new blinds in 4 days! Then just steam cleaning and setting up baby's room! Life is calm right now, but after I start on EI, I'm sure I'll have some serious ranting about lack of funds to be doing! :p

Freyja
August 19th, 2005, 11:39 AM
No Rants for me!!

I am off call this weekend!!! I am going to watch my kids dance tomorrow and then I am kidless for the weekend!!! Gonna float down the river as it is supposed to get warmer :fingerscr , with a beer in hand. Gonna walk Lindy on Sunday with my Pets.ca friends. Life is good!!! :crazy:

melanie
August 19th, 2005, 05:39 PM
hey stuart thats great news, well done mate....

i have no rant, its saturday, its 7am and my darlin dogy is eatin her breakfast with glee, hubbies sleepin (hey at least hes not making a mess) and we got a bit of drizzle overnight, which is pretty darn cool. not much but enough to feel like its raining sorta, but its the overcast thing that is great really.

oh and this week i was nominated for a tidy town conservation award, which to me is oh sooo blooddyyy coooollll. its jsut an award on paper that says i have done something or local conservation, yay for that. its good jsut to know that someone else thinks conservation is important...

and i sold $30 of my raffle tickets for our non profit org, yay for that too, now i jsut need to make another $800 and i will be cheerin....

see we all had a pretty good week hey??

and charlies got food, there is nothing more she wants in this world :angel: