Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am SOOO confused...

sammiec
August 17th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Can we have a sticky of what we are allowed to post in a thread and what is supposed to be a PM? It seems harmless threads are closed and we are told it should have been a PM, but the OP isn't given the chance to correct their post or change it prior to it just being locked!!?
Some posts people are sent a PM by a mod or admin and told they should revise their post and a reason... but others just get locked... how are we to know exactly what the rules are and what applies to what?!
It's so confusing!

Prin
August 17th, 2005, 02:53 PM
If you have a question for Marko, I think it should go in a pm. If it's a post for only ONE person to respond to, then it should go in a pm. It's not too hard.

sammiec
August 17th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Well, actually Prin, it seems as though I am not the only one confused here... since you have it all figured out, please, enlighten the rest of us! That's not too hard is it?

Prin
August 17th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah. I'm really going to help you now.

sammiec
August 17th, 2005, 03:06 PM
:thumbs up

Luvmypit
August 17th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I think it would benefit for one of the mods to answer because I have to agree alot of people are confused.

And ladies just relax, the tension in here has been high as late. And people are a little touchy.

In the famous words of Schwinn "Lets go for icecream"

Luvmypit
August 17th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Now can you see how the mods have a hard job?

Now kiss and make up!

Puppyluv
August 17th, 2005, 03:10 PM
In the famous words of Schwinn "Lets go for icecream"

I'm going for cheesecake :party:

sammiec
August 17th, 2005, 03:14 PM
I appreciate the fact that the mods do have a difficult job here.. I won't deny that... but isn't a sarcastic comment such as "It's not too hard"... against the new forum rules from what I understand...

See where do the rules come into effect!? That's what is so confusing!!

marko
August 17th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I just don't understand. If everyone just reread the rules and abided by them there would be no problem.

I'm very accessible. I do my best to answer ALL questions quickly....but we don't want questions about how the site is run in an open forum.

Every single time it happens we get flooded and have to defend decisions and policies that we should not have to defend. Do you know how much time this wastes? One person asks me a question - I answer - done.
One person asks that same question in an open forum - Bam - someone else has a reply that yields another issue and another....

We are a smallish group of people running a growing site.

The main rules

When it comes to how this site is run in any capacity - please Pm me or one of the mods. If you have an issue with any of our decisions and have a question, don't air them in an open forum. Pm me or one of the mods.

If a new section goes up and you have a question - Pm me or one of the mods.

Don't be rude

Don't sell anything

Don't slander anyone

That's always been it and yet it seems for some this is a difficult task.

This thread will now be closed because if we left it open someone would have a question when this thread should have been a PM.

as always if you want to comment you can PM me or a mod or email me at marko@pets.ca

Thank you

Trinitie
August 17th, 2005, 03:18 PM
It's very easy, really.

PMs are for topics, conversations, or personal information that "shouldn't be mentioned in public forum.

Topics for PM could include:
Bashing of another member, complaining about how the site is run, complaining about NAMED rescues, PMing Admins with comments regarding the site, PMing the Mods to bring a thread or post to light, basically anything that you might consider bad if it were said against YOU shouldn't be written for everyone else to see. Instigating is also something I (personally) frown upon.

Conversations for PM could include:
Personal conversations, things you do not want public members to see, etc.

Personal Information should ONLY be passed by PM. Phone numbers, e-mail addresses, street addresses, real names, family information that could lead to your real identity being figured out. Stuff like that.

I hope that clears things up a bit. If I can be a bit clearer, I would. If anything needs explaination, I'll do my best.

Coldwetnose
August 17th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Kids - be nice! Inside voices please! :p
It's just a matter of showing consideration and respect to others. Don't get snotty or mean. Truly treat others as you would like to be treated. Try hard to write in a civilized tone and sometimes it's good to edit your stuff before you send it, especially if you are feeling heated. If you are writing and you wonder if it will upset the Mods, then that's a good indicator that your tone wasn't nice enough.
If you have something to say to someone that is personal then PM them. If you have a questions of the admin/mods PM them.