Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye Everyone

Shannon83
August 17th, 2005, 11:59 AM
I Though I'd say goodbye to those who I've got to know on this board, my reason for leaving is the way things are run around here that and I'm not consider approved rescue in the eyes of the people who run pets.ca and top it off they won't tell me why but I have feeling it has to do with one other member on here who doesn't like me and so I say goodbye and the best of luck to all of you and you're pets.

Luvmypit
August 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Again airing dirty laundry forcing the mods to defend themselves while the public has only heard one side. If you want to say goodbye then let it just be a goodbye and you can explain all the details to your friends through PM.
In this case you may have gotten rejected or feel betrayed by this site and I am sorry. But again the ends do not justify the means. It doesn't make it suddenly ok to break the rules.

I encourage everyone to go and read the new rules. If you don't like them then your free to leave. That way we won't be confused. Maybe the mods can make the rules as clear as humanly possible. So there will be no second guessing. (I dont mean to step on your toes mods and please let me know if I am out of line)

Im sorry to see you go and I wish all would reconsider. I truly believe there is no reason to leave an internet board especially formally. You didn't sign on to a new boyfriend or job where its all in or all out. That is the point I don't get. If I didn't like some rules, I would either deal with them, post on threads where I can say what I got say without crossing the line and if I can't then keep my mouth shut. If I wasn't considered a senior contributer VIP when I thought appropriate (MOds can I??? lol j/k) then I would deal with it.
I understand your situation may be different and I am not doubting that you may have gotten screwed some how but there are proper ways to deal with things.

I wish you all the best. Good luck and I am sure you do wonderful things for animals and I hope you keep doing it!!! Take care!

toby's tracy
August 17th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Again airing dirty laundry forcing the mods to defend themselves while the public has only heard one side. If you want to say goodbye then let it just be a goodbye and you can explain all the details to your friends through PM.

I wish you all the best. Good luck and I am sure you do wonderful things for animals and I hope you keep doing it!!! Take care!

Amen on both counts! :)

shannon1233A
August 17th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I can understand a long standing member with 7000+ posts saying goodbye to many friendships formed over the many posts. But NOT airing dirtly laundry in public. A simple goodbye should suffice if you need to do so. Sorry, you should have taken this to pm. Good luck with your work with rescue and all future endeavours.

heidiho
August 17th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Ditto to luvmypit..Why not pm your friends that you are leaving.?? I dont get it,why announce it here???To make people feel bad?

Trinitie
August 17th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Your goodbye (and distaste for the way we run things here) is duely noted. Goodbye, good luck. Write when you find work.

(as you can tell, I've had enough with the Mod/Admin bashing)

Closed.