Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sick Kitten

bobkarr
August 17th, 2005, 01:32 AM
My eleven week old kitten just is not herself. She started off playing and running around the house at six weeks old. She has gotten her first shots and had to take medicine for worms and is not due to go back to the vet for two weeks. She was litter trained two days after her six week birthday. She is now very nostalgic and will pee anywhere she wants. I am not sure if I should take her to the vet right away or wait until her next appointment in two weeks. I myself am always at the doctor and I don't want to seem that way with my cats. I also have a 1 and half year old cat.

Tatonka
August 17th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Hello

I'am new here and one of the things I read more then once while checking out this site was ...... if your pet is sick take them to the vet..... Our little pets can't tell us what is wrong........You your self have seen a change in your pet...... What is a good clue something is wrong.......Don't wait the two weeks.......please spend the money and have your kitten checked out... It could have eaten a peice of string which could be blocked in the intestines... who knows what a kitten can get into when your back is turned........but to wait could cost you your pets life and then you will be upset with your self

StaceyB
August 17th, 2005, 07:08 AM
This is odd behaviour for a kitten, please take to the vet. How old was this kitten when you brought her home.

justncase
August 18th, 2005, 01:49 PM
The thing about kittens, and any young animal, is that it doesn't take much for it to be fatal. Their immune systems aren't strong enough to withstand infections and other diseases. What could be easily corrected by a vet visit could lead into something that is not so correctable and could even be fatal for your kitten. Lethargy in a kitten is very serious. Please don't delay.

Dragonfly
August 18th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Please take your kitten to the vet. While it could be nothing more then the meds, it is impossible to diagnose an animal we can't see even if we were the vet.