Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stolen Newf - Ont

mafiaprincess
August 16th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Kennel is pissed off at how the thread went and wanted it deleted.. I give up on trying to help people.

shannon1233A
August 16th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I feel very sorry for these owners/breeders for the loss of their puppy. If anything good can come of this, let it be as a warning NOT to advertise your puppies on the internet in free ads, all over the place, along with the price, and your street address and that they're ready now. Unfortunately, it's asking for trouble when you tell people you have puppies through several free ads selling at $1200-$1500.00, and give your exact address.

I hope they find those responsible and am happy at least they only got the 1 puppy out of the 2 litters.

happycats
August 16th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Thats horrible!!
I would also check local papers and ads for "dogs for sale", and any net site that lists dogs for sale, as the puppy will probably be sold and not given to a shelter :sad:

Maybe it was a disgruntled client?

I just hope the dog ends up in a loving home!

StaceyB
August 16th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Well it is good that this pup is identified w/ microchip. I just hope the vets in ON scan every pup matching the description that comes into their office.

mona_b
August 17th, 2005, 01:04 AM
I will be giving my Mom a call.My Mom lives in Kirkfield and I know where this breeder is.She lives very close to my Moms.Since Kirkfield is a small town(don't blink or you will miss it..LOL)everyone know everyone there.I'm sure she will pass this info on to my Uncle who is a cop with the OPP.Not in Kirkfield but Cobaconk,yeah I know,it sounds funny...LOL

And this is another reason why pups should not be left in a kennel all night outside... :(

BMDLuver
August 17th, 2005, 06:23 AM
I truly hope the puppy is found. As it's a female they stole, I would worry about it ending up in a cage having puppies every heat cycle. :sad:

mafiaprincess
August 17th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Was told they contacted the OPP in the flyer they had. I agree that dogs shouldn't be left outside for this reason.

Don't know who they are, even though I've been tld now that the kennel 'is potentially less than reputable'. Just got an email and thought I'd try to help..

LL1
August 17th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Maybe thats why the dog went missing.
I agree that dogs shouldn't be left outside for this reason.

Don't know who they are, even though I've been tld now that the kennel 'is potentially less than reputable'.

shannon1233A
August 17th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Don't know who they are, even though I've been tld now that the kennel 'is potentially less than reputable'. Just got an email and thought I'd try to help..

I'm not the one that contacted you, but I did contact Boxer Rescue, with conerns, sorry> I didn't know if knew them personally or not. There were lots of red flags for me as I did a search on this breeder as soon as I saw your post, BUT that doesn't mean the doggy deserves this.

Maybe it's someone who thought it was saving a pup, from endless breeding, who knows, whatever the reason, it doesn't excuse stealing the dog. There are other avenues, athough if they are providing food and shelter, not many.

Edited to add: When I did a search on this breeder to see if I could find a pic, I found them to be advertising their 2 litters on all sorts of fee ad sites. What kind of breeder has to do that? They claim to have a list, so why advertise expecially on the net on sites where it's free to list for example "Next Day Pets" for sale, or sites selling Pets, Cars, Trucks etc? Makes you go hmmmm?

You did do the right thing, YOU CARED for another human being, and for a defenceless puppy :angel:

BMDLuver
August 17th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I agree that either way a pup has gone missing and it's the pup who needs worrying about.

mona_b
August 17th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Well I just got off the phone with my Mom.She has the heads up on this pup.Like I said,this is a small town.She is going to let everyone she knows what's going on.

Lets just say that this breeder has NO champions(doesn't show)or Titled dogs.Not even in the Pedigree.

But lets just focus on this pup and not the breeder.

Shannon,I have their website if you want to see it. ;)

mafiaprincess
August 17th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Ouch.. Didn't know. I cared more than a defenceless pup had gone missing rather than thinking about the quality of the kennel. I'm the queen of googling, but didn't even cross my mind.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad people care enough to get the word out to try to help the dog.

shannon1233A
August 17th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Mona, I have their website, thank you, they don't state that on the website, only in their ads as they are title in large letters: CHAMPION AND SHOW QUALITY DOGS FOR SALE:evil: Here's the ad:

Titled: "Champion and Show Quality Dogs" by this owner, is misleading IMO

mona_b
August 17th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Big time missleading............. :mad:

shannon1233A
August 17th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Tigger, THANK YOU for deleting the link, I didn't know how to prove it was misleading as they don't say it on their website, only in the ads. I thank you for giving it a few minutes so someone with more respect/long time reputation on the board confirmed my statements :)

mona_b, THANK YOU as well for confirming what I purported that although the site doesn't say it, their ads do. Thanks for taking the time to look at the link and backing me on the misleading, as you have a great rep on the board, now people will believe me thanks to you.

Mafiaprincess, THANK YOU for being so caring of humans and doggies. Don't beat yourself up over not looking into it further, as what's important is you care, and there is a doogy missing! You did the right thing! I only checked into it because I recently got badly burned, now I research everything, and now I'm paranoid. I hope to be able to return to a trusting individual again!

WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS A PUPPY IS UNACCOUNTED FOR, THAT'S ALL! OTOH, if it is found, and to be in a loving, cared for home, what would you do? Return it to a less than reputable perhaps, unethical breeder, or ask them to make the money requested as a donation to the Newf Rescue? IN NO WAY AM I ENDORSING WHAT HAS HAPPEND TO THIS PUP, NOR AM I ADVOCATING STEALING ANY DOG, but

I guess this is a situation where the law and people rights take precedent over animal rights? Or is it? I'd like to hear peoples opinions, maybe I can start a poll?

mona_b
August 17th, 2005, 11:20 AM
You are VERY welcome shannon...... :)

You and I both know that reputable breeders rave about their Show Champion and Titled dogs.This is something they would not forget to put on their site.And once again,would never ever put ads in papers.This just isn't done with these breeders.

Unfortunately we really don't know why this pup was taken.Ok,well maybe it had to do with the person wanting a Newf so bad but couldn't afford the $1200.But could afford the other things to be a puppy owner. :) ..Remember,this pup was outside in a Kennel.Think about it,how many dogs/pups(not even Purebreds)are taken from peoples backyards?And this is why we keep saying to never ever leave them outside when you are not home.

This is a case of break and enter.This person if caught can and will be charged.Probably with theft under $5000.And yes,could do some jail time.This is why I always say to never take(steal)someones dog/pup.Theft is theft.Trust me,there have been many times where I wanted to.But my job is very important to me.And I know the outcome if someone does it.

This pup may or may not be found.If not,lets just say she may be in a loving home.

On that note,I better get my butt in gear and head out to work. :)

shannon1233A
August 17th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Here is the ad with contact info deleted for those interested in what mona_b and I are talking about, it's on a site that lets you list/advertise the sale of your pups for free, on the net" :mad: :

FOR SALE / ADOPTION: Companion & Show Quality Newfoundland Pups'
Category: Dogs
Ad Number: 2448
Description

XXX (this kennel's name is here) Kennels is excited to announce the arrival of two wonderful litters of Newfoundland puppies!! We have both Blacks and Landseers available. Puppies will be vet checked/vaccinated, microchip ID, dewormed and CKC registered. All puppies come with a written two year genetic guarantee. If interested in view our new litters, please visit our website or email us and to set up an appointment..
We ship puppies Across Canada & USA
depending on time of year and weather.
NO OVER SEAS SHIPPING

Details

Breed: Newfoundland PureBred
Sex: Male
Primary Color: White
Secondary Color: Black
Advertiser: Owner
Price $: 1225.00 to 1425.00 CAD. Firm
Payment Forms: Money Order or Cashier Check
Cash
Estimated Shipping $: Buyer Pays
Posted By
XXXXXXXXX

woofwoof
August 17th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Whoa. I think some of you need to put the brakes on. Talk about tarring and feathering a person.
I have read "not reputable," "unethical," "endless breeding, "quality of the kennel," etc. etc.
Who of you know this breeder? Who of you have actually seen the kennel? Who of you have seen any of the dogs? Who of you have even tried to find out anything about the breeder or kennel?
I do not know the breeder on a one-to-one basis. I have not seen the kennel. But I have information on both. I also have the honour of having one of the puppies. And if I ever want another Newf, I will get another one from her kennel. I live in BC, the breeder is in Ontario. She has been nothing less than an angel in the process of getting our pup. And has done all that anybody can do, and then some.
Since when was it a crime to advertise on the Internet? It was said that "reputable" breeders do not do this. How much have you looked??
And personally, I am offended at what some of you have inferred. How dare you label a person without knowing the facts. Did it ever occur to you what this breeder is going through? If she was a byb, as inferred, why is she worried sick about the change of diet for the puppy, and for its next booster shot, etc. etc. Why did she microchip? Why did she send vet records, 2 weeks of food, toys, a blanket that the dam has laid on for the pup, etc, etc.
I think some of you should make sure you know the facts before you condemn a person. And apparently it is a crime to have dogs in a kennel also. I can't believe that some of you are focusing on this, while the main concern is that a puppy has been stolen. That is the breeder's concern. But, right off the get-go, some have to get on their high horse and be judgmental. My dog was attacked the other night by a wild animal on our fenced property. I guess I am a bad owner for not keeping track. That is basically where some of you are going. Please stop and think before judging others so quickly.
I think the breeder is owed an apology for this attack on her. In the meantime, the focus should've been on the stolen puppy who may not be taken care of properly. That is the breeder's focus.

marko
August 18th, 2005, 07:17 AM
This thread was full of personal information and should NOT have been posted at all. It is CLEARLY against our slander rules.

This post was also in the wrong forum - it should have been in the off topic or on topic forum.

Please members, use this forum only if YOU have lost your own pet or FOUND a pet.

thread closed.

Thank you.