Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Leaving the board

Luba
August 15th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Hello my friends

:sorry:

With some sadness I have come to say goodbye. The decision has been one that was thought through thoroughly and carefully. It took a great deal of time for me to create this thread and explain my situation but I've decided it is time.

I know this is where one normally introduces themself and says hello but I thought it suited this area rather then the off topic forum.

With everything comes change......

Having said that I believe I myself am due for a change, just as this site has been changing. I thank the administrators of the forum to have been able to be a part of it for so long. I have through this venue learned a great deal and met many wonderful people.

As of late, this site is taking some directions and making changes to which they are certainly entitled to make. Unfortunately, for myself some do not seem to suit my beliefs and nor do they encourage me to have a desire to stay.

There has been great progress made in some areas, yet in others I think the progress is being rather recessive. This understand is simply my own opinion and my own feelings, and is not reflective of anyone else.

I think I should have been born a hippie, I probably wouldn't be using a computer right now if I had been! :p

Those of you whom I've formed bonds and friendships with, please keep in touch with me, you have altenate forms of contact for me.

Thank you to the selected number of wonderful rescues who I admire for all they do, for the dedication, the hard work and the thankless jobs.

I'll come back and respond to this thread if you have any questions of me, but I truly have made my decision to say goodbye. This is not an attempt to get a plea from people to ask me to stay. Nor is it an effort to try and sway the opinions of others, or a tool to get the administrators to change to accomodate my opinions.

Good luck :thumbs up I hope things work themselves out!

This is a free site, free to come, free to stay and free to go! I do have to say what does ring in my mind is....'you are free to leave if you don't like it here'!

So here is a big :grouphug: for all of my friends! Trust me when I say I did not make this decision over night.

God Bless
Luba
:ca:

Freedom of expression not oppression
Taking a back seat is not my mission
Up front in your face not in your race

Oppression, taking a back seat
Freedom of expression
Kick back a beat

Beat don't beat beat beat the dog
Don't eat the dog or fear the dog
Muzzle your burocracy not democracy

Close the window shut the door keep out the wars
In my house lives the devine

Devine freedom of expression

CyberKitten
August 15th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Oh wow, I am speechless - or rather - lacking in awareness of what to type. I myself was advised (rather bluntly I thought and that simple expression continues to tear at my soul when I log on to the site) to leave if I did not like it - in so many words. I forget the exact words but the impact of it continues to ache at me so I know how you feel.

I continue to hang on by a thread - and now I read this. I know this is a difficult decision since I have been having the same discussion in my mind.

I do think if you had been a hippie- you defibnitely would have been here. The internet is all about freedom of expression, obtaining the news and information unfiltered and without intervention by others. Check out the Electronic Freedom Foundation and the Well.

Take care - I will miss you!!!! :grouphug:

Tigger
August 15th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Your knowledge and experience will be greatly missed. Take care of yourself and continue to be as helpful elsewhere as you have been here!

Writing4Fun
August 15th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Yes, Luba, you will be sorely missed. :sad: I've sent you a pm with my e-mail address - feel free to keep in touch if the mood strikes you. You would have made a wonderful hippie. :thumbs up

shannon1233A
August 15th, 2005, 02:07 PM
This is too sad for words. A public discussion forum, is made up of it's posters. It is supposed to be a place to learn, to share, to educate, and to share ideas, thoughts, and information. You dear Luba have been a great resource to the board, it is a sad day, very sad. Please be happy in what you decide to do in the future, and keep doing what makes you happy. {{HUGS}}

Trinitie
August 15th, 2005, 02:08 PM
I'm so very sorry to see you go Luba. You've been a wonderful sounding board for a great deal of people here, and continue to be a source of inspiration to those of us who remain.

Should you decide to come and visit us, the pet door will always be open!

Long life, loads of love, and a whole whack of puppy kisses and kitty head buts for you! Stop by and see us once in a while. We'd love updates of what you're up to!

Lucky Rescue
August 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I understand, but wish you would reconsider, if only for the sake of the fur butts who need your help.

Many animals have been rehomed and helped on this site, which is a wonderful accomplishment, and that's what's really important (to me, anyway!)

Copper'sMom
August 15th, 2005, 02:45 PM
:eek: OMG!! Luba, why?? Who will we ask for holistic advice?? I will certainly miss reading your two cents worth! You will be terribly missed!!! :grouphug:

I know things here can be frustrating at times and understand your views. I just don't get as involved because I don't have the time to type everything I want to say!!

Will you at least come back and look at the pics from Copper and Zoe's camping trip?? lol Hoping to post them tomorrow!

You will be greatly missed! :grouphug:

jessi76
August 15th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I haven't been here long, but since I joined, I've found your posts to be clear, honest, informative, and extremely helpful. I hope you reconsider, and continue sharing your thoughts, opinions, and most importantly - great information.

My best to you and Sadie.

Prin
August 15th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Who is gonna tell me to drink organic milk??? :D Too bad you have made your mind up.. I guess giving you reasons to stay won't change anything. :( I hope you come back to visit once in a while.

sammiec
August 15th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Luba dear, I completely understand where you're coming from and I too have been struggling with these thoughts in the past months - hence the limited posts and visits on my part... so I know where you're coming from.

Change is good sometimes...

Talk to you soon friend! (hugs)

melanie
August 15th, 2005, 04:44 PM
this is one of the greatest losses to this board its sad. but as i said before you make your space to live in, if something is not working or positive in that space you must modify it to suit your beliefs and life, dont ever conform my love, your way above that....

lots of luv to you and sadie baby :grouphug:

SOS MIOW
August 15th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I understand your position and now find myself wondering if this board is truly for the care and wellbeing of pets and not egos.

I do want to thank you, Luba, publicly for your help and support when I was going through the devastating situation with little July.

I hope to see you on 'other' boards where we can post freely and without descrimination.

Luba
August 15th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Thank you to those who have and are sending me lots of well wishes!

I'm very humbled by your good natured comments! You are very special individuals!

Drink your organic milk Prin ;)

Coppersmom you are so very sweet! Of course I'll look at your baby's pics!
Anytime you need holistic advise for yourself or your furball you can email me!

LR it's very important to me to but I find I"m smothered here with what I can say and do, as well as what others can say or do. I'm not much of one to conform to ways or beliefs if I don't believe them myself. That doesn't make what others do wrong, just different from my views and perspectives.

And like I said you are my friends, many of you I know off the board and will continue to communicate with!

Please don't let my decision influence your own!
:crazy: no smilie for a hippie but this will do

Karin
August 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Luba, Luba, Luba....you would not have made it into the top posters if you hated the site. The number of posts you have acrued speaks for itself.
When you're done here, you are supposed to turn off the computer and go on with your life, doing what you do best. Then, when you log back on, you get swallowed into the vortex once again but you still have the mighty "LOG OFF" button to escape should the sucking power of the vortex be too great.
I do not take you for being weak against the sucking power but willful and strong......

....git your butt back here and sit down.

BoxerRescueMTL
August 15th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Aw Luba!!! Who will back my hollistic butt up!? I will miss you and I wish you the best :) Take good care!!!! :grouphug:

doggy lover
August 15th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Luba I shall miss you, maybe one day we shall meet on the street. I have noticed a change on the board and although I don't speek out much, I see other people like yourself biting thier tongues. So I bid you farewell, as you have made up your mind.

Rick C
August 15th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Seven thousand plus posts is a lot of time to put into a community and pull the chute . . . . but best wishes and good luck.

Hopefully you'll be back.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

heeler's rock!
August 15th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Oh Luba! I know we have had our "run in's", (mostly me running into you :p), but I am truly going to miss your direct posts. I find them educational, informative, and sometimes amusing if the OP is a real a$$! LOL!!! Anyways, I wish you well in your future endeavours, and I sincerely hope you pop in every now and then! My baby is due in 7 weeks, and I'll be posting pics so I do hope you come back to see them in October! You will be missed, but take care and I hope someday our paths will cross again. :o

Sad that so many senior members are leaving, or not posting as frequently. I find a lot of the posts are coming from new members. I hope the knowledge sharing continues and that this site doesn't lose focus. :o

Puppyluv
August 15th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Luba, I know I will miss your posts on this board. You are a wealth of knowledge and kindness, and I know I am not the only one who feels this way.
Take care :grouphug:

Lissa
August 15th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to have read this. This is so terribly sad.

Good luck to you and Sadie and I hope you will come back when/if you are willing.

This is such a sad farewell!

Goodbye and thank-you Luba :grouphug:

Melissa

mona_b
August 16th, 2005, 12:38 AM
NOOOOOOOO Luba Booba.PLEASE don't go.

What they hey man.When it rains it pours.And I am talking in one night.I had an awful night at work.I read about Shamrocks son,and now I read THIS.This just isn't right..... :mad:

I am begging on my knees with tears in my eyes.And I am talking full fledge,pouring,gushing tears.Please don't go my friend,we need you.You are SOOOOOOO full of knowledge on here.You know Prin won't drink her holistic milk if you leave.

I know you have thought this through my friend.And yes,sooo much has changed on here.There are many times I have wished for the old site back.

Will you please come on here once in a while?

Man I am really going to miss you my Luba Booba

I will give you a call my friend.

("sniffle sniffle")

(((((((((( Luba Booba & Miss Sadie Pants))))))))))))

Dog Dancer
August 16th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Luba it's sad to see your wisdom leave us, but even I often wonder at some of the threads out here now and what is going on. Go with your heart dear Luba, it's the one thing we must always trust. All the best to you and Sadie. :sorry:

Dog Mom
August 16th, 2005, 11:51 AM
I am sorry to see you go!!Thank you for all the help you've given me. You'll have to come back and post pictures of the always cute Sadie! :)

Luba
August 16th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Thank you for making reference to Shamrocks situation Mona, I did post on her thread!

I don't want to have this thread turn sour, so please there's no need for anyone to feel badly. I may be gone from the board but I'm not gone from caring, sharing and wanting to help and educate those on many issues.

I'm opinionated, I will be the first to say that! I like so many of you so much that I couldn't just leave and not explain or give you the opportunity to discuss some of it with me. Thats why I made this post.

It is hard to come here and not read anything else thats for sure!

Will I miss you all? Yes of course I will!

Thank you for your lovely pm's as well, the caring ways have brought me to tears with some of what I read.

Sadie pants, well she'll miss having everyone ohh and ahh over her pictures and so will I!

Having said that.... here's one for the road! :thumbs up

Luvmypit
August 16th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Im really sorry to see you go. :sorry:

I am sorry but i do find it hard to understand why you have to say goodbye. Why not just say what you can say? What not just speak what you can speak and do your good ol' tell him like it is somewhere else? Why not contribute what you can contribute?

Im sorry I don't get it. I have some instances where I thought why would they close that thread? But I have moved on. I have not let it effect me and try to understand the hard job the moderators do.

I respect your decision but I don't understand I guess is what I am saying. In every facet of our lives we have rules and restrictions placed apon us. And I have to admit they suck but we follow them, why should it be different for an internet forum?

I feel sorry for all the animals that you will not be able to give your knowledgeable advice on. You are such an important member and I think its a shame for all us that you feel the need to formally leave.
You have helped make this community what is and you are a part of it. I feel like for all the work you did your just giving up and to me its depressing. Yes fight for your right to have your say and maybe this isn't the board you started with but in life you can't just turn and walk away from something that has been such an integral part of your life.

can you luba tell me honestly that there is nothing this board can offer you? Is it worth giving up a great community? Is there nothing you can offer us that meets the board rules? I don't mean to make you feel bad but I though you would appreciate my honesty. I fthis is the last time and you won't reconsider then I hope you get in life what you want, I hope you remain healthy and happy. Take care Luba! We will all miss you and all that you contribute. Still I think you are making a mistake!

Beaglemom
August 16th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Luba, you will be greatly missed. I'm sad to see you go.

babyrocky1
August 16th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Im very sorry to hear this Luba! I was just getting to know you. I hope we will meet again as I do know we have mutual friends in the real world!!!! Im not clear as to what the problems are that you are having but it is obviously serious or you wouldn't be leaving. I wont ask you to re-consider, only because you have obviously considered this very seriously already! Take care of yourself. It was nice starting to get to know you! :pawprint: Debbie and Rocky!!!

Luba
August 16th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Message edited by ADMIN - This message should have been a PM.

I too wish Luba only the best. She has helped thousands of pets and pet lovers and is obviously welcome to return at anytime.

Tigger
August 16th, 2005, 02:15 PM
This thread has now had over 24 hours for members to respond therefore it is being closed. Thank you and best wishes.