Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Men can be so rude!

kandy
August 15th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Went camping this weekend with a bunch of my girlfriends. They have done it every year for the last 6 years. The hubbies all take the campers out, get em set up and then leave. Well, Saturday night, all us girls are sitting around the campfire yakking away (you know, what women do best! :D ) and this guy drives his truck into our camp, turns it off and gets out.

It's a local guy who a few of the women know (and do not like). He is obviously so drunk that I was surprised he could still walk at all and asks if we have jumper cables. Well, we may be women but we're not stupid - and since his truck was running when he pulled into our camp we figured it would start so that he could leave. We told him repeatedly that we did not have cables (we actually had probably 5 sets between us). We also asked him very nicely, repeatedly, to leave our camp. He kept sauntering around like he would be in high demand since we were all girls or something. When we finally got him to realize that we didn't want him there, he got all pissy and said that we must all be lesbians. We agreed that yes, we were all lesbians and would he please leave us to our private party. He got all mad, finally got in his truck but drove around our camp several times hollering out obscenities (one time through he asked if he could watch). When he finally drove off, he stopped about a 1/2 mile up the road and starting shooting off a gun (it sounded like a 22).

We were all very jumpy for the rest of the night and I for one was mad that I had allowed him to upset me. This guy was a neanderthal in every sense of the word. Why are some guys rude?!?

BMDLuver
August 15th, 2005, 12:12 PM
It's to compensate for a lack of brains or proper endowment. :eek:

Oops, did I say that out loud? :rolleyes:

Rick C
August 15th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Went camping this weekend with a bunch of my girlfriends. They have done it every year for the last 6 years. The hubbies all take the campers out, get em set up and then leave. Well, Saturday night, all us girls are sitting around the campfire yakking away (you know, what women do best! :D ) and this guy drives his truck into our camp, turns it off and gets out.

It's a local guy who a few of the women know (and do not like). He is obviously so drunk that I was surprised he could still walk at all and asks if we have jumper cables. Well, we may be women but we're not stupid - and since his truck was running when he pulled into our camp we figured it would start so that he could leave. We told him repeatedly that we did not have cables (we actually had probably 5 sets between us). We also asked him very nicely, repeatedly, to leave our camp. He kept sauntering around like he would be in high demand since we were all girls or something. When we finally got him to realize that we didn't want him there, he got all pissy and said that we must all be lesbians. We agreed that yes, we were all lesbians and would he please leave us to our private party. He got all mad, finally got in his truck but drove around our camp several times hollering out obscenities (one time through he asked if he could watch). When he finally drove off, he stopped about a 1/2 mile up the road and starting shooting off a gun (it sounded like a 22).

We were all very jumpy for the rest of the night and I for one was mad that I had allowed him to upset me. This guy was a neanderthal in every sense of the word. Why are some guys rude?!?

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

There are idiots everywhere . . . . and nice people everywhere too.

I wouldn't describe his behaviour as rude though. "Boorish," "illegal (discharging a firearm around you, driving while intoxicated, etc)," "moronic," . . . . . would probably be more accurate. "Rude" implies he was cognizent and thinking deliberately instead of under the influence.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
August 15th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Will the hubbies be allowed to join you next year? :D

Yes, they are everywhere and no, they're not well endowed. :evil: Can you tell park officials?

kandy
August 15th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Nope, the men won't be invited next year, although we may decide that having our own firearm (don't worry - most of us are hunters and know how to operate a gun) wouldn't be a bad idea. At the very least it would make us all feel more secure. At girls camp, not only are men not allowed - we don't ever take any kids and no one brings pets. If the truth be told, we could've hog tied that guy before he knew what hit him. We outnumbered him by alot - and not all of us are little skinny things. We had already hatched a plan for if he came back and he wouldn't have liked what we had planned. :evil: It just really irked me that he thought he could walk into our camp and be in high demand. If men would've been there - he wouldn't have even thought about stopping - and that's why I think he was rude. Alcohol is no excuse for his behavior and he knew exactly what he was doing.

We weren't camped in a "park" and since the area is out of the boundaries of the town, it wasn't even illegal for the idiot to be discharging the firearm out there. We could've gone up the road to where we had cell service and reported him for drunk driving - but that would've been about it.

We had lots of traffic down there - so a different camping spot might be in order for next year. We had people playing paint ball wars - dudes running through the bushes at the edge of our camp in full gear. We really wanted to chase them through the woods on our giant trike with the horn blasting to let all their buddies know exactly where they were! :evil: We decided against that one though! :D

melanie
August 15th, 2005, 05:00 PM
did you have the chance to ring the cops, why did he have a gun??? its illeagle in this country to run around with a gun, and almost impossible to own at all, i would have been terrified, you ahd a stupid pissed moron with a firearm, i would have crapped myself. can you jsut run around with guns over there?? do yall livei n the wild west or something???was he a cowboy?? :angel: oh i jsut read that you have a gun man aussie hunters dont have gusn, why do you ahve a gun?? are you a cowgirl :p ??? or do you ahve big bears that need ot be shot? im confused why yall have guns??

oh hang on i jsut red your in america, every one there has guns right, its the norm?? is that why you have one??

thats just a wild experience and was awful for you, but glad you and the gals still ahd a good time. also thank you for the brilliant girls weekend idea, its a great idea for a weekend away.

hey and skinny small girls can take a man out, i promise you i can. i may be small but get me pissed and i will take out anyman, size doesnt count all the time :angel:

lets hope that that jerk broke down and a big bunch of really mean men hating woman found him and stripped him naked and threw him on an ants nest, gees im nice :eek: next year take a rope and net, yuou may jsut have to teach a man a lesson :angel:

kandy
August 15th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Melanie: What do you expect with a country full of criminals kids!?! I wouldn't let em have guns either! J/K - love ya mel! :angel: :p :angel:

I live in Wyoming (kind of the wild, wild west), and yeah, pretty much everyone has at least one gun. It's not illegal for the guy to have had one. It is illegal to fire it in the city limits, but not where we were. As long as the gun is in full view (mostly in window racks) they are legal to carry around in your vehicle. If you have a concealed weapons permit - you can hide your gun and carry it on your person whenever you want.

In fact, hubby and I have a "mini 14" (I don't know what it's real name is) that looks like a sub machine gun. It belonged to my stepfather before he died and my hubby took it afterwards. Anyway, it has been sitting right by my dresser in my bedroom. I never pay any attention to it, so it's covered in dust. The first day that the furnace guys were in my house, I noticed that the mini had been moved. There wasn't any dust on the grip or on part of the underside of the chamber. It also makes a dent in my carpet, so I could see that it had been moved. I can just imagine those guys posing for each other with that gun! They probably thought they looked like Rambo or something! It's loaded so I guess they were just lucky they didn't shoot themselves or anyone else! :eek:

In our house alone - I think we have 6 guns or so. Before my mom donated all my dad's collector's guns, I think she probably had about 25 or so. I would bet that there are more households with guns than without in my neck of the woods.

Prin
August 15th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Wow, such a different culture. ;) No guns here. Just lots of KNIVES. :D

Blaze01
August 16th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Ive always wondered when you reject a guy your automatically a lesbian? I am glad you stood up for yourself...just be careful.
I live in a small town in North Carolina...almost everyone here has a gun also. I personally dont have one because I dont know how to shoot one but most of the guys down here are pretty skilled with them.

kandy
August 16th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Ive always wondered when you reject a guy your automatically a lesbian?

Yeah, guys can't fathom that you can be heterosexual and yet don't find them attractive. :confused: Then they say that you're sick and gross - then in the next breath ask if they can watch. :eek: If I didn't find a guy attractive enough to have sex with, why the he11 would I allow them to watch me do it with someone else??? Just more proof positive that men don't get enough oxygen to their brain through that little bitty hole. :D No offense to the ones who actually use the big brain. :p

Freyja
August 16th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Let's not generalize here, there are men on this board I am sure. If someone was to make generalized statements about women, they would be accused of sexism. Your comments are sexist. Perhaps, you may want to rephrase, "some men, some people, people like that....."

jjgeonerd
August 16th, 2005, 11:51 AM
That's OK...we'll just start a 'Why Can't Women Drive' thread! :eek: :evil:

Just kidding! :D

Anyways...that guy sounds like a jackass! Glad everything worked out OK, even though it sounds like it was a little scary! :thumbs up

kandy
August 16th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Let's not generalize here, there are men on this board I am sure. If someone was to make generalized statements about women, they would be accused of sexism. Your comments are sexist. Perhaps, you may want to rephrase, "some men, some people, people like that....."

I profusely apologize to polite men everywhere.

Blaze01
August 16th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I am sorry if i offended any men or lesbians...for that fact.

melanie
August 16th, 2005, 05:06 PM
wow that is just darn bizarre, we live such different lives and worlds, yet we look exactly the same and essentially are the same type of animal, i find it so weird. in australia it is illeagle for most ppl to own a firearm, if your a farmer, profesional shooter type person or security person you can get one oh and the police, but they can only have a certain type of gun and can only have limited numbers, they also have to have a licence and upkeep their licence regualrly. any gun owned in australia must by law be locked in a cabnit and bullets must not be stored with the weapon. also the local police must know how many guns you have and exactly where and how they are stored. they are very strict here, but then i personally think its good as we have a very low gun crime related rate. it is rare guns are used on the streets, and we also have a major buy back scheme.

nah if someone fired a gun within my earshot and i didnt know who it was and why such as killing fox or such, i thnk i would run and hide and jsut have a heart attack.

we have buy back because- about 7yrs ago a complete looser went crazy in tasmania in the middel fo the day and killed 26 woman, children and a few men, it was devistating for this country. after that we had significant changes to the laws, they were pretty stirct before but it meatn that only very small numbero f ppl can have a gun. and for all the ppl that did own guns that didnt fit the catagory they could sell their guns to the government, a buy back so to speak, they had a certain number of yrs to sell them before they were considered iliegal, we had literally thousands upon thousands of guns sold in, they were all destroyd. and we have not had a tradgedy like that one in tasmaina since, and hopefully nver will....

also we have one of the highest youth suicide rates in the world in aus, and many hundreds of our young boys and girls took their lives with the fathers weapons, especially on farms where younger ones had access to the weapons, since the changes our number of youth killing themselves with arms had decreased and that is very important when the rates are so high...

but then i suppsoe if you grow up in a place where weapons are norm then it would be very different, i ahve been told by a friend who went to a saudi country that their ppl rarely get hurt by guns yet carry them on a daily basis. so i suppose its how your taught and what your taught. but crap there are wayyyyy to many rednecks in this country to allow such a system. and i can tell yo utehre have been a good 5 times in my life wehre if i had a gun i would have killed a person, ppl like peodapohiles and mainly men who have bashed my friends and such horrors, so if i ahd a weapon i really dont think i woudl be a free person its who i am. i jsut odnt have the control your ppl obviously do :o

but then that is why i will never visit america, i am jsut quite scared of the place really, i think it has alot to do with the gun laws, i would jsut be so scared i would be shot by a nutta or something, nah if i go to the us its to see oprah, shandoar nat park and then straight home again, without stopping anyywhere or talking to any one :eek: :p

and i hate it when men act as if they are gods gift and cant understand why i dont want to go out with them or such, why woiuld i not wnat them i wonder?? :p bloody fools, i tell ya SOME ppl can be jsut stupid cant they.

and esp here if you go past the pub in the afternoon its horrid, they always lean out the door and say crap to you, and when you tell them to stick it somewhere the sun dont shine, they get all cranky and agrro, i mean really i didnt ask to be spoken to, grrrrr. and im the type that will always stop and have a go if they wont leave it, it just gets me so angry at times. :evil:

oh well next year you take some honey with you on your trip, and then if yo uget hassled 'hog tie im' (thats so cute) and cover him in honey, then stick him out in the woods for some bear lovin, bahahahahah..... :D :p :angel:

melanie
August 16th, 2005, 05:35 PM
oh i forgot to puti n my mums favourite joke-

what do you do when your husband is running around the paddock screaming??

Reload

bahahahahahahah :D :angel:

kandy
August 16th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Awww, Melanie - you can come visit me - I'll keep ya safe! The last murder we had here was 3 years ago and it was a stabbing, not a shooting. We don't have very many gun related crimes here but that's definitely not the case in alot of the US. The worst thing people do with guns around here is when kids shoot out car windows with .22's. Don't get me wrong, there have been murders here, and suicides, with guns but it's not like we're all running around blowing each others heads off or having duels in the streets! :D

You have to have a background check done before you can buy a gun - and they do a fairly in depth one if you're buying a handgun. Also, if you get convicted of domestic battery - you can't own a gun or even have one in your house. We do have rules about gun ownership - its just that most people qualify with no problem.

I am sorry if i offended any men or lesbians...for that fact. Oops, forgot to apologize to the lesbians too. :sorry:

Prin
August 16th, 2005, 11:45 PM
That's OK...we'll just start a 'Why Can't Women Drive' thread! I take offense to that!!! Just kidding. I think there might be one of those threads already open under the "Why can't men learn that we're always right?" thread. LOL :evil:

Can I generalize and say this thread applies to "Arrogant, demeaning, disrespectful, condescending, disgusting, drunk hosers"? The normal, nice, kind, caring and empathetic men don't fit in that category. :)

kandy
August 17th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I take offense to that!!! Just kidding. I think there might be one of those threads already open under the "Why can't men learn that we're always right?" thread. LOL :evil:

Can I generalize and say this thread applies to "Arrogant, demeaning, disrespectful, condescending, disgusting, drunk hosers"? The normal, nice, kind, caring and empathetic men don't fit in that category. :)

Good one Prin! Oh, it might also be titled: "If a man talks in the woods and no one is there to hear him, is he still wrong?" heheheh :evil:

And I know why I'm such a bad driver - it's cuz I'm trying to put on my makeup, eat my breakfast, drink my coffee, talk on my phone, yell at my kids, shave my legs and smoke my cigarette - all at the same time! hehehehehe :p :D :p

mona_b
August 17th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Ive always wondered when you reject a guy your automatically a lesbian?

Really?....LOL....I was automatically a B***H...... :rolleyes:

My job consists of MANY men and less woman.And I tell you,quite a few are very rude and ignorant.They seem to think they are gods gift to women.NOT.But trust me,I do put them in their place....... :D :D :p

And I know why I'm such a bad driver - it's cuz I'm trying to put on my makeup, eat my breakfast, drink my coffee, talk on my phone, yell at my kids, shave my legs and smoke my cigarette - all at the same time!

Oh man,and I thought I was the only one who did this..... :p

jjgeonerd
August 17th, 2005, 10:45 AM
drunk hosers"?
hoser :D ...I don't think I've heard that since I last watched Strange Brew! I need to remember that one...I'm close enough to Canada to pullit off I think! :p

kandy
August 17th, 2005, 10:52 AM
hoser :D ...I don't think I've heard that since I last watched Strange Brew! I need to remember that one...I'm close enough to Canada to pullit off I think! :p

I use "hoser" all the time. Even call Hazel "baby hose" quite often. Love Bob & Doug McKenzie and the Great White North! Especially like their rendition of the 12 days of Christmas! LOL Oops - hijacked my own thread! :D

jjgeonerd
August 17th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Classic movie! :thumbs up

Prin
August 17th, 2005, 02:34 PM
My first snowboard was a Bob and Doug one and you should have heard how many people recognized them wherever I went. Too bad the board sucked hiney!!

kandy
August 17th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Too bad the board sucked hiney!!

Are you sure it wasn't the operator?? :D LOL

Prin
August 17th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Nope I know for sure it was the board. When I was 16 I blew all my money on a Shannon Dunn 144 Burton snowboard and it was GREAT. Now it's old and cracked up from over-use. Ahhh, I miss it. (sniff) :sad: