Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toronto Candle Light Vigil

Georgiapeaches
August 15th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Not sure if this has been posted, so though I would post it as it is in two weeks. You can find the flyer at this site http://www.brok.ca

Candle Light Vigil
August 28th, 2005
8:00 PM
Queens Park, Toronto, Ontario
In Memory of All Pitbulls Killed by Ignorance and Fear

We are still here and we are still fighting for our rights and the rights of our pitbulls to be treated equally. At the end of EVERY leash there is a VOTER. Candles will be available for donation towards the legal defense fund. Dogs are welcome as long as they behave nicely.

Organized by those that know that Breed Specific Legislation is not the answer. Please pass this message on. The more people that attend, the stronger the message!

babyrocky1
August 16th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Ill be there and im hoping to find some others to attend from my neighborhood!

Invicta
August 23rd, 2005, 06:17 AM
My family and I are driving down from Sault Ste. Marie and North Bay to attend the vigil on Sunday. I know of at least 10 other families that will be attending from the Toronto area.

There is also a vigil planned in Ottawa at 8 p.m. at the Human Rights Monument downtown. And another vigil planned in Halifax that same night.

I hope to see a lot of people out for the vigil as it's an incredibly important event.

I'll be pushing a grey/blue-ish 3 wheeled stroller -- Come say Hi!

Cheers!
Christine

Akeeter
August 23rd, 2005, 11:03 AM
Maybe we could all put on something indicating we are on Pets.ca? It probably would hurt to put on a ribbon stating what internet groups we belong to. It might make it easier to identify the folks that we talk to all the time, but have never seen.

(I hopefully will have a huge black, grey, tan & white Akita with me. If it not too hot for him to attend.)

Georgiapeaches
August 23rd, 2005, 11:15 AM
Akeeter, by chance did you attend the Feb. Puppy Love Walk In Toronto?

babyrocky1
August 24th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Thats a good idea Akeeter, we need a banner or something....I dont think Im bringing Rocky, I think it will be too confusing for him and since Im not a black and white pit bull it might be hard to find me LOL It would be nice to meet the rest of the Pets.ca subversives :) Invicta...thats a long way to travel....good for you, that really shows your dedication!

Copper'sMom
August 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I sooo want to go!!! My problem is I can't drive to Toronto by myself!! I WILL get lost for sure and I don't know if my nerves could handle it! I'm still trying to figure something out!! If I do make it, babyrocky I will be calling you!!!

mastifflover
August 24th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I sooo want to go!!! My problem is I can't drive to Toronto by myself!!
Pm me and maybe I can give you a lift I might be up north and coming down early for the rally.

twodogsandacat
August 24th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Will also be there. Does anybody know about local parking?

babyrocky1
August 25th, 2005, 09:43 PM
:sorry: I thought I would bump up this thread cause we started talking about whose going on the muzzling thread so if anyones interested you can check both threads :confused: I think Im the one who got the other thread on this topic. So if peope are just checking in on this one a bunch of us are planning to go and have posted so on the muzzle thread. Two dogs, it is pretty easy to get a parking spot downtown Toronto on a Sunday eve. I dont know what it will cost cause I dont drive but I know theres parking right beside the Metro Credit Union on College, west of Young, and there must be much more. Thats just the one that Ive used, its a bit of a walk, maybe five minutes.

seeker
August 26th, 2005, 10:36 PM
We will be there too .

babyrocky1
August 27th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Goood to hear Seeker, where the heck have ya been? We mssed you! thinkng up more honda stories takes time aye???LOL just jokng ha ha!