Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

please help me

april21h1
August 15th, 2005, 08:45 AM
I got a digital camera and want to share some pictures of my furbabies. I tried to resize the picture, i went to the smallest I could and it was still too big. Ugh. Can anyone help me with this? Is there another program I can use? I am using the software that came with my camera. My camera is a HP Photrosmart 23, if this helps anyone explain this to me.

Thanks for all your help.

Rick C
August 15th, 2005, 08:52 AM
You might be telling the program a size like 4" by 6" but you might have a high pixel count, like 200, which inflates the size anyway, in spite of your attempt to downsize.

Look for something like "dpi" (pixels per inch) which is an indication of your pixel count. For the web, lower it to a number like 72, then your size as presented here should come out the way you want it.

I'm just taking a stab in the dark by the way. . . . . I use a program called Adobe Photoshop Elements which costs about $150 Canadian or so . . . . but I think what you have should be able to do it.

I'm not a tech expert. Others more learned might have a more precise answer for you.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

CyberKitten
August 15th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I have the HP software and I find it excellent - even for this site. What you need to do is save your file as a jpeg. The default sometimes in HP is tiff which are HUGE files. Try saving them as jpegs and then uploadingf them, Sometimes, even when the default is jpeg, when you save the file on the HP siftware, it saves it as a tiff. Just make sure it is a jpeg. And then resize it if it still too large.

Anorther option is to upload the files to a photo site like Kodak's or Yahoo's Photo sites (free) and then copy it here so ppl can view it.

SarahLynn123
August 15th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I open mine in paint, then under the pull down called "stretch/skew" change the horizontal and vertical percentages for stretch to 50 or so and hit ok. keep doing that until you can see the whole picture and save!

Prin
August 15th, 2005, 05:32 PM
I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager. You open the pic, press Edit Pictures, then "Compress Pictures", and then you pick from a list which one would be closest to under 100kb. :)

Lucky Rescue
August 15th, 2005, 05:32 PM
I use Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/) to resize, darken, lighten etc and it's very easy and free!:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 15th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I use Microsoft picture manager you can compress it or..go to edit - resize and select web page small. Those usually seem to fit.