Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

a bit strange

angie79
August 15th, 2005, 07:35 AM
yesterday my boyfriend went to look at a car (private sale in the paper). when he got there he noticed that the people had a miniture schnauzer, we have one as well and asked them about thiers and right away the guy says that if we ever want to breed to call him.

he found it cute that both the dogs are the same age, but i think that 8 months is too young to be trying to find a mate :eek:

and apparently the guy was asking if ours was pure breed, but my bf said thiers didn't look pb because she was a brown colour, I've never seen a brown schnauzer.

the guy wasn't happy when my bf said there is no way we could breed him because he's fixed and we wouldn't anyways, but was wondering how much people pay for stud service?
and dont they usually want to know the blood lines? and want papers?

in the end we did get the car

Lucky Rescue
August 15th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Nothing strange about it. This is a garden variety backyard breeder, caring and knowing nothing about health, genetics or titles.

These are the people who keep the shelters full.

kandy
August 15th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Nothing strange about it. This is a garden variety backyard breeder, caring and knowing nothing about health, genetics or titles.

These are the people who keep the shelters full.

Exactly. A reputable breeder would never offer to breed like that.

Prin
August 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM
That's one thing I learned at the dog park- if you don't want people to get instantly rude and angry ALWAYS assume the dog is "pure" LOL. If you ask somebody "Is that a lab mix?" and they think it's pure- my dog, they freak! You always assume the mutt is pure... In this case though, I wouldn't have bothered with niceties... ;) What a loser.