Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat sick

jac12658
August 14th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I have a male 2-year old cat who has begun vomiting on a daily basis, but seems quite healthy. otherwise. These are not hairballs and happen within a short time after feeding. He drinksplenty of water. He is the largest (16 pounds) of 4 cats. Is he eating too much out of competition or is there something more seriously wrong?

Prin
August 14th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I think you should go to the vet. I don't know if anybody here would be able to help this cat over the internet.

Lucky Rescue
August 14th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Vomiting on a daily basis is certainly not normal for cats (or anyone). As Prin said, you need to take him to a vet.

It might simply be that he's eating too fast, or could be a symptom of something serious.

Better safe than sorry!:)

jac12658
August 15th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Since I posted note, I discovered he only gets sick from a certain brand of dry cat food. I'll have the vet check him out, too, but I think I may have found the culprit :fingerscr

MOOSEDRY
September 7th, 2005, 08:25 PM
hopefully, you've found the culprit. however, if not, might i suggest "prednisolone". my cat, patsy, vomited quite frequently for a while, and it wasn't hairballs. when it got to be daily, i took her to the vet. the doc put her on that drug, and she hasn't had any problems with vomiting since. i just gave her one a day until the vomiting had stopped - that was it. :)

CyberKitten
September 7th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I do hope that is the "culprit" but to be certain, please bring him to a vet for a checkup. And please do not give your cat any medications that are not prescribed for him. What works for one cat does not always work for another since case histories and situations are very different and all kitties react uniquely to medications.

Good luck!

MOOSEDRY
September 8th, 2005, 11:56 AM
i certainly didn't mean to imply that you should give your cat a medication without checking with the vet first. i only meant you could mention that drug (prednisolone) to your vet when you take your cat in. :sorry:

justncase
September 10th, 2005, 08:35 PM
One vet found that the Hairball Control Formula by Science Diet worked for cats who were persistently vomiting and no reason could be found as to why. The cats didn't even have to have hairballs for this to work. Of course, there are other reasons ( chronic and serious) as to why a cat will vomit but , for some reason, this seems to work in many cases.