Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cavalia

BMDLuver
August 14th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Just wanted to share with everyone that I have been given a very special gift today of going to Cavalia. I did some transportation a while back and did not know that the person worked for the show. She contacted me and wanted to say Thanks for what I did by being her guest at the performance and going to a private party afterwards! I'm extremely excited as horses are definitely my true passion. Guess you just never know who you might meet along life's path!

twinmommy
August 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM
soo pleased for you---god knows YOU of all people deserve a treat!!!

Have fun!! :)

poodletalk
August 14th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I went to the show two weeks ago, it was fantastic! I am sure you will have a great time! Lucky you!!

BoxerRescueMTL
August 14th, 2005, 11:38 AM
OOOOhhh you do deserve it :) It's an awesome show, Chris and I went for our anniversary and we got the tickets where you can visit the barn afterwards. Horses are my true passion too BMD, you will LOVE the show! Yay! :love:

Prin
August 14th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I drive by that huge tent on my way home from my dad's. It's a guy who was involved in the early days of Cirque du Soleil...

Can you tell my what it's like? I doubt I will ever go.

BoxerRescueMTL
August 14th, 2005, 01:08 PM
lol, Prin, I drove by that huge tent all the time and had no idea what was there for the longest time.

Cavalia is a combination of horse and people "acrobatics". Kind of like Cirque de Soleil but with horses. It involves alot of vaulting, which is acrobatics on horseback.

Prin
August 14th, 2005, 01:11 PM
But does it make you cringe for the horse, or is it really beautiful for everybody, including animal lovers?

BoxerRescueMTL
August 14th, 2005, 01:27 PM
No, no...it's well done and very pro-horse. They are treated like kings and vaulting is done on large draft type horses like Percherons etc. The people are trained to be very light handed/footed :) It is a great show for animal/horse lovers.

chico2
August 14th, 2005, 02:09 PM
That's great,BMDlover you certainly deserve it. :love:
I've been eyeeing that show for a long time,saw a program about them on TV.
Those horses are stunningly beautiful,as are some of the performers ;)
I am not one to usually enjoy animals performing,but this is different,I think.

Prin
August 14th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Yes, BMD, now that I know it's all fun, have a great time!!!! :)

Byrd
August 14th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Oh how I would love to see this! I too am a huge fan of horses!

BMDLuver
August 15th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Thanks guys, I had a great time. The horses are beautiful and extremely well handled. I loved all of the trick riding, those people are nuts, lol! The Lusitano's were magnificent and Frederick has a real way with them. They are all extremely well fed and cared for. I met the whole cast and crew afterwards for a private party at Jean Drapeau Park on the beach. I actually sat at the table with Normand Latourelle(the creator), Frederick Pignon(the whisperer) and his wife Magali Delgado. It was very much a special treat. I attached a website that has the most incredible photos of the performance. You aren't allowed to take any pictures during a performance.
http://www.photo.lynnesite.com/gallery/382709

I did not get to meet Templado, the 18 year old Lusitano with the magnificent to the floor mane. He has suffered several bouts of colic and is at St. Hyacinthe where he had undergone surgery to remove a segment of his intestines.

Byrd
August 15th, 2005, 12:45 PM
That's a really nice site. I spent hours going through all the pics.

BMDLuver
August 15th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I know, it really captures the magnificence of the horse and the show.

Byrd
August 15th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Yes, and not just them... all the other pics on the site as well. I especially like the 'funny' category.

BMDLuver
August 15th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Computer challenged again. I don't see a "funny" section.

Byrd
August 15th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Here ya go:
http://www.photo.lynnesite.com/gallery/118542

BMDLuver
August 15th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks Byrd! :)

Byrd
August 15th, 2005, 04:38 PM
No prob :)