Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

HUman Kibble

raingirl
August 13th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Anyone ever wonder no one has created "Human Kibble" yet? With all kinds of people trying to get good nutrition, diet, etc, why not create a kibble for humans that is suitable for proper nutrition.

Might not taste good, or we may get bored, but if there were various flavours of kibble that met our daily needs, then why not? Could be fun. May help people loose weight, get healthier.

melanie
August 13th, 2005, 07:14 PM
now theres an idea :D that woudl go along way to helping the probs in 3rd world countries too, all the needed nutrition packed into a nice say snack type thing, oh it could come in bags like chips or even a bar!! oh that would make life easier, instead of trying to have 5veg and 3fruit serves a day min, it would save so much time.

just imagine how effecient society would be if you didnt have to cook, and how less stressed most ppl would be in the evenings...

im not into flavor or food in general so i would sure give it a go.... :D

raingirl
August 13th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Wow. DIdn't even think of it in that way either.

We wouldn't need kitchens anymore. Or grocery stores. All growers/meat producers could sell all parts of the meet to the kibble manufacturers, would save money in the long run.

Prin
August 13th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I am really bad at eating the same thing for more than a few days in a row and when I get sick of something, I get sick of it forever... I don't think I would do well on kibble. I hope my dogs give me a cooked whole food diet when they take over the world... :D

Daniac
August 14th, 2005, 07:33 PM
SOYLENT GREEN! :D

LL1
August 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Your post made me think of those freeze dried things astronauts eat,I think they have some for campers too?

Luba
August 14th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Thats grosse :yuck:

kandy
August 15th, 2005, 05:53 PM
My hubby swears that sooner or later we won't have food anymore. We'll all take a pill 3 times a day (like the scene in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory). The pill will give us all the nutrients, vitamins, etc. that we need. :D

Freyja
August 15th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Daniac!! I remember that movie, GROSS!!! Kinda makes you wonder what is in those "protein" bars.....

CyberKitten
August 15th, 2005, 07:24 PM
There are actually many types of formulations I have seen given to childtren especially but to adults in developing countries during famines or war when food is scarce. I would not term it kibble tho. Something more palitible might be better - if someone could find a cost effective way of getting it there so that it can survive extreme weather. Even dog kibble does not survive that trip sometimes.

When I read human kibble, I was thinking granola, lol That's MY kibble - or cereal bars (esp Fruit Loops, yum!) which I love!