Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Beagle - London, ON

Tess'Momma
August 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Lily was lost from the leashless park (Hamilton Rd and Gore Rd) on July 23rd. She is a trim, 1yr beagle. Black body, white chest, legs and tip of tail with a tri-coloured face. She is very timid and would be hard to catch. She was wearing a black patterned collar with her name and address on the tag, as well as, a pinkish harness with her rabies tag on it. Any info is appreciated and there is a reward for information leading to her return. If you know of anyone that has recently gotten a dog that matches Lily's description I am not looking to take her away from whomever choose to care for her, I just wish to know that she is okay. I love her enough to let her go, just to know she is fine. Or if you have been unfortunate enough to hear bad news about Lily, please let me know - not knowing is breaking my heart. Thank you.

Georgiapeaches
August 13th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I'll keep my eyes and ears open as I am in London.
Did you post flyers or check with ACC when she disappeared? I have heard that if you post flyers stating she needs medication ASAP it improves the chances of her being returned or found.
I hope she is found safe and sound.

karen's zoo
August 13th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I'm in that area I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Tess'Momma
August 15th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks you two for keeping an eye open. Yes, I have posted over 1600 flyers in the area where Lily was lost. There are quite a few from Highbury east to Crumlin Rd, north to Dundas and south to Commissioners. I have a few near the Western Fair and some in the Pond Mills area. I have contacted Animal Control in London, St Thomas, Middlesex and Thames. I even have some flyers out in Nilestown and Dorchester. I call the city dept that picks up dead animals every couple of days (they recognize my voice now) and no dogs of any kind have been reported or picked up on the city roads or property. I also have some posted at local vets, grocery stores, etc. I think either she is just dead or that someone just decided to keep her. Thanks again for keeping your eyes peeled.

badger
August 15th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I'm guessing someone has her, such a darling face. Don't give up! Is she spayed?

Tess'Momma
August 18th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Hi Badger, Yes, I had her spayed one month before she went missing. Just days before she got lost I remember looking at her little belly amazed that the scar didn't even show anymore. I guess that is one blessing I was able to give her, saved her from having unwanted puppies. I miss my baby girl. I think you are right that someone has just decided to keep her, she is a beautiful girl.

lornaron
August 25th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lily, my dog is missing too :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :fingerscr Good luck

BullLover
August 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
:sorry:

I am in London, and wanted to let you know that I have seen your ads in the various papers and have a lot of people keeping an eye out for her for you.

Tess'Momma
August 25th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Thanks so much to everyone looking out for Lily. I keep on getting reports of people seeing her in the Trafalgar/Marconi/Hudson area. I have even heard that she was seen with a couple of men in that area. Hard to know if it is her or just a doggie that looks like her.

Also to those of you that have lost a dog, if you find you get an email from an email address that ends in @138mail.com I am pretty sure that it is just a prankster as I have received a number of emails from a fellow with an email like that saying he found my dog could I send a photo. When I did, he told me it was her but that he taken her to a shelter. When I questioned what shelter he said it was a local one, but doesn't have a name and that he hoped I really wanted her back. Anyway, I have just been waiting to see when he will ask for money as I suspect that is the main purpose of the contact. Just wanted to warn you all.

BullLover
September 7th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Any news yet??

Tess'Momma
September 8th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Hi Bulllover,
No I haven't any more news about Lily, though kind people still continue to call. I don't think I will ever get to kiss Lily again. I hope she is either with people that love her or in doggy heaven where she will be loved even more. I have placed an ad in tomorrow's Pennysaver to let everyone know that she was never found as so many people cared.