Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Converted a food choice

Dog Dancer
August 12th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Well a friend of mine has a young labX puppy and has been feeding her one of those brands of dog food that has lots of corn filler (a good name, not so good product food). I went into one of Prin's postings and downloaded the ingredients of a host of "quality" foods as well as their brand and explained the pro's and con's of the ingredient lists. I do believe I've created a convert! :) I explained to him as well the need to do the change over gradually, etc. Wish us luck, hope his pup doesn't get messy poop now that I've kinda talked him into changing her diet to a better quality :eek:

Prin
August 12th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Yey!! Tell him/her that it will take a bit (can take months) to adjust to the new food- Solid Gold calls it "Detoxifying" (A term I like because it makes us feel guilty for feeding stuff that's "toxic" in the first place :D ).

Tell them also, that overfeeding causes looser stool because there aren't anymore stool hardeners to mask it.

When you research a lot and move up to better food, it's too disgusting to ever go back down... :D

Dog Dancer
August 12th, 2005, 05:02 PM
See Prin, it was all the info you provided that made me able to convince him his food choice was not so great. That and he knows how much I've looked into foods because of Halo's allergies. But yes, I will mention that it could take a while to "detoxify" the sweetie. Keep up the good work Prin :thumbs up

Prin
August 12th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Aw... :o When I learn about stuff, I like to pass it on. :)