Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's your vice?

Prin
August 12th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Well, I'm up. May as well get you all thinking. :D Or at least try to.

What is your vice? One thing you which you could change either physically or emotionally. Hopefully we won't get too many "my thighs" or "my hiney" answers, because we all already know we're all gorgeous, right? You too Schwinn. ;)

You don't have to get too personal, this is just for fun.

And I know you all will never guess it, but I believe my biggest vice is that I'm very judgemental. Have you noticed? :D And my second and third are my thighs and hiney of course. :D :rolleyes:

Writing4Fun
August 12th, 2005, 09:23 AM
*Groan!* Procrastination! And junk food. Can't open a bag of chips without finishing the whole thing. Hmmm...maybe that would fall under the heading of "lack of will-power"? :o

Roxy's_MA
August 12th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Most definatly smoking. I have tried quitting so many times with out success. I havn't given up, the time is coming I will be a non-smoker.

kandy
August 12th, 2005, 10:35 AM
I assume we're talking about our vices that are legal? hehe :evil:
Mine is probably shopping. I am a shopaholic! I order stuff online all the time - everything from clothes to artwork to doggie stuff and the list could go on forever........I would bet my hubby would agree! And of course, when I'm looking at something, I always like the most expensive one. :p DH was so proud when we went to buy carpet - I actually picked a middle of the road (price wise) one. My next big item will be new furniture for my living room! Maybe I'll win enough money in Vegas to buy it! :fingerscr

And Prin: My god woman, don't you ever sleep??? :crazy:

kandy
August 12th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Most definatly smoking. I have tried quitting so many times with out success. I havn't given up, the time is coming I will be a non-smoker.

I smoked for more than 25 years and quit probably 4-5 times. I quit again in May - and other than a few clove cigarettes, I've been doing really well this time. I think that it really comes down to attitude. I've come to the conclusion that most of the stop smoking aids out there won't do squat if your heart isn't in the effort. I've tried the pills (zyban); the all natural "Smoke Free" that advertises you'll quit within 7 days guaranteed! Yeah, right; cold turkey; and the nicotine patches. I think out of all of them, the patch worked the best for controlling the cravings - but even it won't work if you aren't fully committed. I am finally at a point in my life where I don't want to spend the money anymore, am sick of the stink in my house and on my clothes and am tired of huffing and puffing when I have to go up a flight of stairs. Oh, I saw a statistic the other day that I'd never seen before - if you smoke in your house your pets have a 40% greater chance of developing respiratory problems than pets whose owners don't smoke. I had never even thought about what effect my smoking had on my pets. :(

Roxy's_MA
August 12th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I actually stopped smoking in the house because of my cat. About 3 years ago she got sick. Some digestive problem the vet never came up with a real conclusion as to what was wrong, but did help us relive the problem with meds, IV and some new food and it never came back. Anyway when she came home from the vet after vomitting for a few days, I noticed she was quite weazy. I felt to guilty smoking around her, so I took it outside.

I know I am ready to quite. I forget to buy and bring my cigarettes with me half the time. For me it is certain company that I keep that are always lighting up. I find that is when it becomes the hardest. When I am by myself it is not as hard.

It seems to me that I need to break the habits more than the addiction.

Luba
August 12th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Chocolate

enuf said :p

Rick C
August 12th, 2005, 11:34 AM
My vice is hanging out too much on internet message boards.

And sweets. Even though I'm thinner and in shape for my age (finished a half marathon last month), I don't seem to have the will to lay off a chocolate doughnut, a lifesaver popsicle or some other kind of treat at least once a day.

So I carry around the extra five pounds as punishment.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

jjgeonerd
August 12th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Toys...I constantly buy them. If something can be ridden or driven (with or without a motor) then I want it...makes saving money hard. :o

SnowDancer
August 12th, 2005, 11:53 AM
The food IN Italy. Makes it kind of hard to get satisfy my cravings. Better win that lottery.

Dog Dancer
August 12th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Hmmm is this another one of those list questions??? Where would I start :rolleyes: I think my biggest vice is trying to please everyone (even the dogs) and ultimately I know I can't. It's hard work trying to be everything for everyone. Food vice - well that would have to be anything sweet or maybe salty sometimes. Okay I have to stop or I could go on forever. :o

Beaglemom
August 12th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I'm with Luba - CHOCOLATE and anything with chocolate in it, including hot chocolate. I don't drink coffee, but I like my hot chocolate, yes even in the summer!

Prin
August 12th, 2005, 02:59 PM
And Prin: My god woman, don't you ever sleep??? :crazy:
Nope. LOL I had a Dr appt today, and it was so hard for me not to cry the whole time just because I only got an hour of sleep prior to going and I was such a mess :o :rolleyes: I love sleep and I miss it terribly.

So that's it? No thighs, no hineys, but tons of smokers? Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

Writing4Fun
August 12th, 2005, 03:16 PM
So that's it? No thighs, no hineys, but tons of smokers? Where there's a will, there's a way. :)
You said we weren't allowed to mention our thighs and hineys. :p Actually, I didn't see a whole lotta smokers .... but a bunch of us have food issues, apparently. :D

heidiho
August 12th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karin
August 12th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Nope. LOL I had a Dr appt today, and it was so hard for me not to cry the whole time just because I only got an hour of sleep prior to going and I was such a mess :o :rolleyes: I love sleep and I miss it terribly.

Prin, I do hope you talked to your doctor today about your sleep problem.

The word "vice" to me is a habit, pleasure or hobby that is not always illegal but looked down upon with disdain. Like smoking, gambling, alcohol...etc.

One of my vices is smoking. I quit years ago and loved every minute, however, I started again the day I was told I had cancer. (Go figure?) I do need to quit again, it was easy before..

Now Prin...if you want my thighs you can have them. You cannot have my hiney, I'm still using it at the present time.

heidiho
August 12th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Curious how much are a pack of brand name cigs in Canada??Like Marlboros..

Roxy's_MA
August 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Well brand names in Canada are different. You can buy Marlboros, but no one really smokes them and I am not sure if they cost more than Canadian brand smokes. I pay $10 a pak for 25 cigarettes. It also illegal to smoke in public in the city I live in. If you are outside you must be 3 meters away from a door, no smoking in public buildings or patios or else you get big time fines.

Prin
August 12th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Are you hijacking my thread to chat about brands of cigarettes? LOL this is really not where I pictured this thread going. Ya just never know, eh? You neeever know. :D

chico2
August 12th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Well,I have a few..Smoking is no 1,choclat no 2 Looove choclate!!!no 3 Pets.ca,no 4 (according to hubby!)feeding everything outside,crows,coons,squirrels and whatever else comes around :D

heidiho
August 12th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Nope not highjacking just curious how much my VICE would cost me in Canada,WOW,that is insane 10.00 ok now i'm done

chico2
August 12th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Heidi,I pay $45.50Canadian + tax at Costco for a carton..

Dog Dancer
August 12th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Well I was interested in seeing if anyone was going to pick up on the part where Karin said she was still using her hiney!! Prin, hope your Dr. helped you with your sleep issues.

Prin
August 12th, 2005, 05:12 PM
LOL, I don't need her hiney, I have plenty of my own. :D

And yes, I did talk to the dr about my sleep- How could I not? I was such a mess! I got ativan in case of a sleeping emergency, and if my shortness of breath gets out of hand (slows me down to match my breathing ability or something), and other pills to slow my heart down and control the palpitations. We'll see. I'm going to get my pills in a few minutes. (I don't like taking pills very much, so we'll see how it goes. :fingerscr ) Thanks for your worrying. :D I always end up ok. :)

oh, yeah. Another vice of mine is that I don't go to doctors often until something gets really serious... :eek: :o

Roxy's_MA
August 12th, 2005, 05:16 PM
oh, yeah. Another vice of mine is that I don't go to doctors often until something gets really serious... :eek: :o

I would have to say this is my other vice as well. Well one of them. To tell you the truth I have alot of vices

melanie
August 13th, 2005, 05:10 PM
well my first and favourite vice is what my mother terms my affection for my 'special' university type cigarettes, lol lol lol, or my special friend mary jane, oh shes a pretty girl :D :p and we have a nice life together and always will (thats probably whats wrong with my typin, bahahahahahahahah). :p

2nd, ciggies, yep cant get rid of em, but down to like 2-3 a day so that s not bad....

3rd most food, i love eating even if i get sick, 'food glorious food' :D

a girls gotta have a vice, or crutch as some term it :D

raingirl
August 13th, 2005, 06:15 PM
My vice....Debit cards. Without this invention, I probably would be a lot richer. I hardly ever carry cash, so when I see somewhere doesn't have debit, I walk out. No point in even looking.

doggy lover
August 13th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Mine is holding a grudge, if someone pi--es me off thats it I could never talk to them again. I should learn to be a little more forgiving :D . Oh yeah I spend too much money on things I don't really need, and I love to eat chips, cakes and chocolates, I am trying to do it in moderation, the eating that is. One more thing I buy all kinds of stuff for Tucker my kids are always complaining, but Tucker loves it. :p

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 13th, 2005, 09:58 PM
My thighs definately and my hiney. I could 90 pounds and still have them, its nice to know they love me so much. They just never want to leave. :) I even smoke once in a while. I quit for a few months then start again I usually have about 3 a day. Now I smoking again but I am going to quit again after my pack.

twinmommy
August 13th, 2005, 10:08 PM
So I carry around the extra five pounds as punishment.

Five pounds is punishment??? Five pounds??!?
Good God, if 5 lbs is punishment, then I'm on death row baby!!!

yeh, gotta shed that baby weight. I was never too stressed about it, but it's time. :evil: :D

Prin
August 13th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Mine is holding a grudge, if someone pi--es me off thats it I could never talk to them again. I should learn to be a little more forgiving :D .
So, don't cross doggy lover? :eek:

yeh, gotta shed that baby weight. I was never too stressed about it, but it's time. At least you can call it "baby weight" and not tv weight, or lazy weight... :D

doggy lover
August 14th, 2005, 07:43 PM
I'm glad I quit smoking over two years now, I feel alot better for it. In the last 5 years two friends have quit, I quit and my sister quit. It seems like most people are trying. My husband has tried a few times, but he ends up smoking when he has a beer or two and that is the end of that.

Byrd
August 15th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Mine would have to be procrastination. :rolleyes:

Prin
August 15th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Mine would have to be procrastination. :rolleyes:
LOL LOL Now I know why you answered this thread this late? :D :D

Freyja
August 15th, 2005, 03:28 PM
guns, gambling, guys....

No seriously, my biggest vice is procrastination. I hate it that I wait till the last moment to get stuff done, but it is soooo easy to put it off till later. I was totally on top of things about a month ago, everything was in it's place and there was a place for everything and I felt soooooo goooood. And now, here I sit in front of the computer with a tonne of things to do.......

Byrd
August 15th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Exactly, to both of you.

Derek & Jeter
August 17th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Way too many to list - chocholate, coffee etc. One though pertains to message boards.

If someone posts a problem that I think I can help with, I read, surf, read, copy & paste, and try to download everything on the internet that might be linked to the solution. Then I get off track and add stuff that's not really related. By the time I come back to post a reply, I have information overload and am sometimes tired. Result is it looks like I "dumped" the contents of my notepad onto the post, and anything important gets lost in the wordiness and lack of editing - like now!

My vice is speak :party: then think :eek: then edit. Working on it. :angel: