Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Zachary (heart murmur) having dental work

Jazz&Cricket
August 11th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Zachary, my 10 yr old miniature schnauzer, is having dental work tomorrow. He was diagnosed with a heart murmur and it was noted that he has a couple of bad teeth (not rotten, but 'bad'). The vet has assured me that Zachary will be fine having an anaestetic (sp?) to do his teeth but I'm still worried. :( .
I know that Zachary's one tough little fellow because by rights, he should have died from his pancreatitis last year. I guess I'm just looking for some moral support and 'good' vibes.
Thanks

the gang
August 11th, 2005, 10:56 PM
good luck with your little one :angel: keep us posted as to how things go brenda :fingerscr

Lucky Rescue
August 11th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Bad teeth can cause other serious health problems, so it's good you're doing this.

I"ve seen many older animals, and even ones with heart murmurs come through surgery just fine!:)

Good wishes to the little guy!!

Jazz&Cricket
August 12th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Zachary is fine :D He did have 2 teeth removed. He threw up at the vet's while I was paying the bill :( but they weren't concerned since his vitals were all good. After the ride home, he chowed down on his food,...kibble, not canned...raced around playing with Dusty and is now zonked out on the couch. He hasn't smiled for me yet, so I haven't seen the 'new' look. I'm sure glad that's over with! Now, is it possible that his heart murmur may clear up??