Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Luvmypit's post reminded me of something!

Copper'sMom
August 11th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Luvmypit's post about her neighbours reminded me of something that happened when we took Copper to Rib Fest in London. (Maybe this should be in the On topic forum??)

We went with my brother and 2 nieces. My oldest neice wanted to go on a ride, so Copper, my fiance and I went to wait under a shade tree. Copper was laying on the ground taking in the scenery when two little kids ran from their parents towards us yelling "we want to pet the dog!!". Copper just layed there. The parents shreiked!! I mean shreiked " NO NO!." By then the kids were standing in front of us and asked if they could pet Copper. I told them they had to ask their parents first and then the parents said they had to ask me! So I said of course!

Copper gave them kisses(as usual) and never got off the ground. the little boy was so excited he was jibbering about the dogs they have at home. lol it was cute. Then the parents said they had to go.

I wonder if this left any impressions about Pit Bulls on the parents?? They didn't seem to enthused!

Luvmypit
August 11th, 2005, 04:22 PM
That is the part I love. Watching peoples faces when their kids insist on petting our dogs even though they seem unsure and the dog acts just like an angel.

Poor dogs have no idea what an ambassador they are everyday when they go out. Lots of pressure for these guys but as long as we have the coppers out there then maybe one persons view will be changed and hey thats a start!

Good job Copper!

lezzpezz
August 11th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Perhaps it had nothing to do with the breed of dog, rather, it may have been 2 concerned parents not wanting their children to approach a strange dog. They were smart to try to prevent what could have been an incident with a possible ornery dog, be it any breed, however, they should have had better control over their kids, or it could have been unfortunate if it were a dog that was not such a smoothy, like yours! :p

I hope that the folks did take note of how polite you and your doggy were! and will delight in sharing this fact! :thumbs up

gdamadg
August 11th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I would like to hope that it isn't just the "breed", but sadly I don't think that is it. My gf and I were walking with Sprint and her dog DJ. She is a little terrier of some sort. Kids would come up to pet the dogs, and the parents would say ok to pet DJ, but not Sprint. We would not let anyone pet DJ, she is a little B**ch. Sometimes I won't even pet her. But Sprint just sits there wiggling his butt and trying to give kisses.