Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my kittys poop

soccerbabi67
August 11th, 2005, 08:33 AM
i cleaned my cats litter today and i found some of his poop covered with a gray hairlike fuzz......his litter hasnt been cleaned since last friday because we were away is that just from it being old or could he be sick.???

White Wolf
August 11th, 2005, 08:35 AM
You left your cat alone for 7 days?

soccerbabi67
August 11th, 2005, 08:46 AM
no my grandparents were here watching him and my dog the litter is in the basement and they cant walk down stair nevermind clean litter

Lucky Rescue
August 11th, 2005, 08:56 AM
It's probably some sort of mold. The basement is usually damper and would cause this growth.

TRICIA81
August 11th, 2005, 08:57 AM
well a cats litter box should not go a whole week without being cleaned.You should of have someone else come over to clean it out.If it is the clumping cat litter then everyday or every other day.

soccerbabi67
August 11th, 2005, 08:57 AM
if we could have we would but they are the only family we have around and my mom doesnt like too many people inour house...bad experience once..i hope soo i love my little jerk who bites me for no reason.....i just dont wan him ot be sick .....

TRICIA81
August 11th, 2005, 09:03 AM
i do agree with LR basements are more damp and that is prolly why it is moldy

Lucky Rescue
August 11th, 2005, 09:03 AM
The next time you go away, you can get 3 or 4 of those disposable litterboxes at the grocery store for your cat.

You're very lucky he didn't start using the floor!;)

soccerbabi67
August 11th, 2005, 09:04 AM
hes a good kitty......jerky but good.....it was kind of a last min thing going away i needed to look at a few colleges

Jackie467
August 11th, 2005, 02:14 PM
That is probably just mold. you may want to look around the house and make sure kitty didn't go potty anywhere else. Sometimes if the litter box gets too dirty the kitty will go and use the potty else where, make sure you check any potted plants. I know if I didn't clean Jasmine's litterbox for even 2 days she would go somewhere else.