Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

STICKY & ANNOUNCEMENT

wAggie
August 10th, 2005, 07:27 PM
these thread listings are SO DAMN ANNOYING.

the page loads and EVERY ONE of them must be scrolled down, some even wayyy down.

what's the deal, admin/mod?

perhaps you should make a whole separate room/forum for them. It's really such an eye-sore.

:yuck:

happycats
August 10th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Just hit the "new posts" button and you will never see them again!! ;) (unless it's a new sticky)

Dragonfly
August 10th, 2005, 08:20 PM
these thread listings are SO DAMN ANNOYING.

the page loads and EVERY ONE of them must be scrolled down, some even wayyy down.

what's the deal, admin/mod?

perhaps you should make a whole separate room/forum for them. It's really such an eye-sore.

:yuck:

And yet, so many things that are posted about in stickies and announcements are ignored by one and all.

wAggie
August 10th, 2005, 09:56 PM
happycat... omg... took me a few moments to find it, WOW! I sure plan to use it!

Dragonfly, if they're so often ignored, WHAT is the point of having them there? there ought to be better ways of distributing information (ie., writing it into your sig [that ensures you post ;) ], or sending out emails in the form of notifications, and some "before you join this board read this or face consequences, etc"

my 2 cents.

CyberKitten
August 10th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I actually do think the "stickys" perform a useful role. They often answer faq's or provide general answers that would save a newbie from searching or asking a question that has already been responded to.

White Wolf
August 10th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I like them there. Being in your face, you're more likely to read them. We want you to read them. We're not going to hide them. ;)