Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jim

Jim Vosper
August 9th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Hi everyone, I'm still a new member and getting used to this site. I'm the dad of the two sheltie girls. I'm wondering if I'm loosing it though as I just today agreed to adopt ANOTHER sheltie from a rescue society. Now I will have three of these little creatures to care for. Oh well what's 1 more bowl at the dinner table. This little creature is gonna need lots of love as he came from an abusive home, let the loving begin, he arrives on Thursday and Lilly and I can hardly wait to greet him along with our fur daughters Calypso and Savanna.

Cheers everyone and will keep you posted on our new arrival.

Jim

Prin
August 9th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Yey! Well, you'll just have to post even more pics!!

Welcome to the board. :)

Jim Vosper
August 9th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Thanks Prin ! As soon as our new arrival comes we'll see if he likes cameras ! :ca:

BMDLuver
August 9th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Lol Jim, congratulations on your pending arrival. Sounds like you really love Shelties. I'm sure with time that the family will meld into one unit. Thanks so much for taking in this little fellow.

Jim Vosper
October 5th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks BMD Luver ! The new arrival got a mercy flight to us and we picked up this little soul a few wekks back. He's just full of love, not a mean bone in his body. He's settled in very well with our other daughters and all is well. We started him in an obedience class and he's doing great. We are very proud to give this little animal a fresh start to his life that started so badly. The chain marks around his neck are fading, he's starting to gain some weight and the sad eye's are now big and bright. I cannot begin to tell you how mad I get when I hear of cruel treatment to any animal no matter what breed or what type.
Thanks for replying
Jim :pawprint:

TobsterMom
October 5th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Aaaah. That's so great. It takes a special person to help abused and neglectful animals. We love to hear stories like this. Thank you for being a special person! :angel:

Prin
October 5th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Aww that's terrific. Happy endings are rarer than I would like, but they are so refreshing and great when they happen. What a lucky doggy! :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
October 6th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Hi Jim! You sound like our kind of guy. Thank you for showing this poor little guy what a loving home is!:)

People who abuse animals should be flogged.

chico2
October 6th, 2005, 05:22 PM
My son just got a little old Sheltie,she was supposed to stay for the weekend,but the new owners were going to put her down because she's 11 yrs old,,so she is staying with my son and his Jack Russel. Her owner of many years passed away,she had three different homes,before ending up with my son...she's a sad little doggie,but very,very good.
I would have taken her myself did I not have 3 cats.
Here's a picture of her...

Jim Vosper
October 10th, 2005, 12:49 AM
:ca: Hi Chico 2 ! Got your message with the pic. Didn't know I could feel so sad and happy at the same time. Every good thought and prayer goes out to your son for giving this little soul a chance to live it's life out to the fullest.The pic just melted Lilly & my heart. Just the thought of putting that little dog down just because she's getting old is awful. "Please" thank your son for me and Lilly (and no doubt many others) for caring ! :angel: :thumbs up

chico2
October 10th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Thank's Jim! This weekend we actually saw her(Trixie's)papers and she is 13yrs old,not 11 as first thought.
I also found out why the other peope were going to have her put down :evil: they have a 6yr old daughter who is a holy terror and Trixie is terrified of her and other children,she is not aggressive,but starts shaking in fright.
They will cover any veterinary costs that will come up with an elderly dog.
She is the sweetest little dog,but having lived her whole life with a single man,is not used to little kids.
She seems much better now and much younger than her age,she sleeps on the bed together with my sons Jack Russel(Kita,spayed female).