Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Peter Jennings

Puppyluv
August 8th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I know this isn't breaking news... but for anyone who's always a step behind on things like this (as I usually am) Peter Jennings (of ABC news) passed away last night of lung cancer.
RIP

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 04:50 PM
REALLY? Had he retired yet? That's so sad!! :sad: :sad:

pags
August 8th, 2005, 05:08 PM
This news made me really sad. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I saw him make his statement on television informing us that he had cancer but that he would be back. :sad: May he rest in peace.

Karin
August 8th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Sail on Peter Jennings..

He was my favorite anchorman. He logged an amazing 60 hours straight reporting after September 11th.

All the news reports I have read today did not mention his reports of the Challenger disaster. I watched all of them. He made headlines back then too. Mr. Jennings broke down sobbing at least 10 times during his reports. Astronaut Judy Resnick was a close, personal friend of his. He was not afraid to show emotions in front of the camera.
In the early years, is classic nightly news "sign-off", (everyone had one back then) was a quiet shot of him on the phone talking. In an interview he was asked about it. He said "That was not planned, before I go on the air I call my kids, when I log off, I'm on the phone with my kids. No secret sign-off here to boost ratings."

Gods speed Peter, you will be missed.

BMDLuver
August 8th, 2005, 05:52 PM
That's sad. I liked him as a news caster.

CyberKitten
August 8th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I liked him too - he only lasted 4 months post his lung cancer diagnosis. Must've been smal cell carcinoma, poor man!! He was very urbane and a great internationalist.

RIP!

Luba
August 8th, 2005, 06:41 PM
He was Canadian, the best part of him :D and that showed right through to everything he did..quite the knowledgeable gentleman!

RIP Peter I always enjoyed your telecast!

God Bless get home safe!