Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Too early

daddyg
August 7th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Renton, male tabby, 1997-2005. RIP my friend.

Prin
August 7th, 2005, 11:33 PM
So sorry for your loss. :sad: http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/1.gif

Luba
August 8th, 2005, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry for your loss

Would you like to tell us more about your pal and maybe show us a picture?

Writing4Fun
August 8th, 2005, 09:06 AM
:sad: I'm so, so sorry for your loss! That is entirely too young to go. :grouphug: I, too, would love to hear more about him and see a pic or two. :angel:

daddyg
August 8th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Hi there

I will find a picture to post tonight

I adopted renton from the Toronto Humane Society in 1997, during the yearly cat crisis. As a 12 week old kitten, his ears had grown much faster than the rest of him, and he looked like a little bobcat!. He grew quite fast, and was a very big boy by the time he was a year old (long and solid at 15 lbs) Although he was possessive of me as his only owner, he was also very playful and enjoyed his toys.

He was a good companion, and a good friend, always rolling around on his back to greet me when I came home. And, as a Tabby, he was very vocal, little chirps and meows whenever you petted him or called him. His absolute favourite was a nice brushing and he would purr loudly.

I have never had to have a pet put to sleep before (he was suffering from a bone marrow disease and extrememely anemic)and it was a difficult day, but I know it was the right thing for him, not for me.

I will certainly miss him.

Luba
August 8th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Sounds like you both spent some special treasured times together.

I had the vet make paw prints of my dog when he passed away and asked for a clipping of his hair. You may want to do the same , if you still can.

I keep my Rusty in an urn on the livingroom wall unit next to his picture!

:grouphug:

chico2
August 8th, 2005, 11:50 AM
DaddyG,thank's for telling us a little more about Renton,it sounds like he had a wonderful but unfortunately shortened life.
A picture would be nice,although knowing he's gone will probably open the floodgates again :sad: But that's ok,Renton is suffering no more...

daddyg
August 12th, 2005, 12:10 AM
i would love to attach a photo, but i am not sure how to.

Luba
August 12th, 2005, 01:48 AM
After you type your message scroll down to where it says manage attachments and click on it. Browse your computer to find a picture that you would like to post and upload it. Once uploaded submit your post and voila! :D