Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No off leash in Montreal?

Freyja
August 7th, 2005, 08:19 PM
I was listening to CBC yesterday, I love CBC and there was a program about some guy who goes to Monteal to visit a friend and she takes him to a dog park where they are rebels because they let their dogs off leash and risk a $125 fine. Is this true??? :confused:

Prin
August 7th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Well, if you go to a regular park, then ya, you get a fine, rarely.

Go here (click on Quebec), I try to send Marko the parks I have been to. The first one on the list is mine.
http://www.pets.ca/index-dogparks.htm

Puppyluv
August 7th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah they'll fine you if it's a slow day, my friend got one when her golden was running in Parc LaFontaine (not an off-leash park) But usually the police have better things to do.

Prin
August 7th, 2005, 08:47 PM
That's crappy! There is a dog park in Parc Lafontaine!

Puppyluv
August 7th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I know.. we were on our way there, we were on the West end of the park... where the "lake" is, and the cop was in a bad mood that day (One of those days where J-Walking gets you a pretty fine)

Prin
August 7th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Quota-day?

Puppyluv
August 7th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Ha ha yup.. end of month....

Prin
August 7th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Oh, so crabby for a couple of reasons then. :D

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 01:33 PM
LOL Where are they when you need them? Not there, that's for sure. Priorities. I wonder what creative way there is to get out of it. :evil:

meimei
August 8th, 2005, 04:41 PM
I'm sure you're upset... I know I would be, but if you read the story last week about the man in the wheelchair who was attacked by the "nice" rotty, you'll appreciate the leash laws.

I love my dogs and love to see them free. Unfortunately in Montreal, we have this law, and I for one have to respect it, just like the next person. There are plenty who don't and I know on my street the residents have been given a mandate to enforce the leash law, and we certainly do, without any hesitation.

By the way, for more than 25 years I've ridden the hills and valleys of St. Lazare and Hudson, together with my dogs..... well even they have leash laws now, and long gone are the times when horse and rider could enjoy the company of their own canine companion. This all due to off leash dogs who advertently or inadvertently attacked riders, horses in the fields, ponies, livestock and other small livestock..... even a ****zu or two have been guilty of ganging up on some innocent chicken somewhere.

What's this world coming too? .... well, it's the result of irresponsible dog owners. Don't blame the police. They are doing their job. Blame the people who helped create the problem in the first place.

Cheers
MM

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Ha Ha Prin - that's exactly what I was thinking, but I guess you already knew that! While they were writing out MY FINES (no leash) exercising my dogs, playing ball, running in open field, carrying this huge bag full of ice water, treats, and bags, - I informed them maybe they should give me a medal instead AND fine the ones that are torturing dogs.

I did feel bad after though - they were only cadets and I compleeeetely lost it. Their probably still scratcing their heads over that MEDALLIAN I thought I deserved :D
(LOL Looks like I set her off.. :o ) I WISH, I really WISH, that one day, cops would give out rewards. Like 99% of people don't stop at stop signs, so instead of stopping everyone, why not stop the one person who DOES stop and give them a free dozen donuts or something. Positive reinforcement, people!!

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way anybody... I just find it funny that off-leashing is such a hot topic here... I mean those of you who do leash are very sensitive about it while those who do not, are far more casual about it. It's just a funny topic to be "hot". :)

Puppyluv
August 8th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I agree ;) I'm a self-proclaimed "off-leasher" but it's really just so that Layla can swim (GASP I know.. I let her swim in lakes in on-leash parks... it's like a double no-no) But I just can't resist seeing how cute she is in the water with her mouth open trying to catch the floating leaves (She'll swim the entire "lake" in LaFontaine) (I really MUST bring my camera next time :p) But I am careful to keep her close to me when we pass dogs who are on leash. (I always find that when one is leashed and the other isn't, the dynamic isn't as great)
Just my disjointed thoughts.

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 09:43 PM
It just occurred to me that if I want to see the cutest doggy in the world, I have to go to Park Lafontaine.. :evil: :)

Puppyluv
August 8th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Ha ha or else look for those two gorgeous black ones lying somewhere in your house!! :D

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 09:55 PM
LOL Without each other, how would we know how great our doggies are? ;)

Puppyluv
August 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Well, she tries to remind me as much as possible... I think she'd have a hige head if she knew that other people thinks she's cute too :p

Prin
August 8th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Well, she tries to remind me as much as possible... I think she'd have a hige head if she knew that other people thinks she's cute too :p
big+huge? :D

Puppyluv
August 8th, 2005, 10:20 PM
you got me... i'm a one handed, two finger and thumb typist (its easier to multitask that way.. ) which means i'm more prone to typos, and less likely to capitalize my words :o