Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Possible fracture?

Pfsharp84
August 7th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Hi people i'm probably getting worried about nothing i want to be sure. I'm lookign after the family puppy while my parents are away and she seems to have hurt her paw. She's always charging up and down stairs and i think she may hav tripped down some while i wasn't around. Ellie's left paw isn't swollen but she won't put any weight on it and hobbles around the house, refusing to go mroe than a few steps at a time which is worrying considering the speed she usually moves. Does anybody have any advice or what i can do9 to help, whether its a sprain or something more severe and if i should take her to the vet.

White Wolf
August 7th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Definitely take her to the vet. We can't possibly speculate accurately without seeing her.

Beaglemom
August 8th, 2005, 08:31 AM
You should definitely take her to the vet. It is very hard to say if she did break or sprained something. A vet would be able to tell you for sure with some x-rays.

doggy lover
August 8th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I would take her to a vet to make sure its not broken. I had one of my cats years ago brake another ones foot by dropping the tolit seat on it. I believe it was an accident I don't think she did it on purpose, but the vet took an ex-ray and yep it was broke, they taped it up for her and after a while she was fine.

SnowDancer
August 8th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Definitely a trip to the vet is called for. What breed is your dog?