Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Constant Sneezing Dog

kt633
August 6th, 2005, 07:18 PM
My 4 month old dog, Dixe, has recently started sneezing a lot. She mainly sneezes when she sniffs around and is walking/running around. (It stops completely when she lays down.) When she gets done exercising she will weeze and cough a bit. But there is no discharge from her nose, and she never hacks anything up. Her main symptom is that she sneezes A LOT! I have thought about Kennel Cough b/c of the exercising induced wheezing, but does that explain the constant sneezing. Could she just have a cold or allergies? I'm really worried about her - she is my first pet and I'm a bit of a paranoid Mom! :sick:

Puppyluv
August 6th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Sounds like allergies... my dog had that problem in june, and it was because of all that cottony pollen floating around. You should check the allergy index of your region on the weather network. Just one idea.
Hope she feels better :love:

Edit: I don't know where in Alabama you live, but I did a search for Birmingham, and the Grass pollens are Very high: http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/weather/tenday/USAL0054

Prin
August 6th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Dogs can also have asthma too. Best to bring him to the vet asap. Not being able to breathe is not fun at all.

StaceyB
August 7th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Take your puppy to the vet asap, as the others have mentioned it could be allergies, or it could be something more serious. What breed is she. There are several breeds that are prone to breathing difficulties. Sneezing, wheezing, caughing can all be signs of a breathing problem.