Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Vancouver... and a request

Labdaddy
August 5th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Hi from sunny Vancouver, British California :ca:

I've been checking this site from time to time and even listed a dog park on the dog parks site (Canmore)... which brings me to my request. I am currently petitioning for a new off leash park in downtown Vancouver. Any other Vancouverites out there who might be interested in supporting this intiative can visit us at Dog Park Petition (http://www.vcn.bc.ca/~devdog)

I'm also looking at setting up a site that will host other sites for people attempting the same in their local communities (it would be free to them of course). Hopefully I could get some advertisers who, for a nominal fee, would support the petitioning and campaigning of dog off-leash area supporters.

Let me know if any of these ideas appeals to you.

Cheers
Mark + Siobhan + Misty

Writing4Fun
August 5th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the board, Labdaddy et al! :thumbs up

I'm not from BC (beautiful province that I'd love to visit one day), but I wish you luck in your endeavours. :)

(ETA: Always nice to see another Tolkien fan around here. :cool: )

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 8th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Yeah Vancouver my home town. I love that area. Good luck getting your dog park. That area is very familar to me, brings back memories of Stanley Park and biking around the seawall. I will sign your petition even though I dont live there anymore. We certainly still go down and visit family and I can bring my dog when we go there.

Welcome to pets.ca I think we need more Westcoast members on here!!
:)

Luba
August 8th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Someone tried this before on here was that you?

Better luck this time lots more members now :D