Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Neville - death row in ON - a cop in the USA!

Lucky Rescue
August 5th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Here is the condensed story of Neville, due to die by decree of Michael Bryant, now treasured as a member of the police force!:)

Thanks to Veronica, and all the folks at Bullies in Need!!!

http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=130060

Neville getting his graduation cupcake!

Kariia
August 5th, 2005, 10:25 AM
:thumbs up Take that, Michael Bryant! Someone send that to him.

bluntman
August 5th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Thank you for that lucky, that just made my day :thumbs up , and once again Micheal Bryant looks like an evil good for nothing fool that he is :evil:

Daisy's Owner
August 5th, 2005, 10:36 AM
That is a great story!!!!

Luba
August 5th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Very nice indeed :D

Luvmypit
August 5th, 2005, 12:16 PM
What would be really nice is to send this along to some news organizations. They would like to see what others especially americans think of our lovely laws.

Just goes to show how damn stupid this law is!

Copper'sMom
August 5th, 2005, 12:24 PM
That is absolutely terrific!!! :thumbs up :usa: :ca:

babyrocky1
August 5th, 2005, 05:02 PM
This is very cool!!!! Yes we need to get it into the press somehow!!! Didn't this happen before with a different Pit bull or maybe this is the same story only updated? Regardless thanks for the post Lucky. I will see if I can find the other one.

Lucky Rescue
August 5th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Could you possibly be thinking of Popsicle, whose story (among others) can be found HERE (http://pbrc.net/petbull/pospress.html) :)

babyrocky1
August 5th, 2005, 05:48 PM
AHHHHH I really wish I would have checked this post half an hour ago BEFORE I went cross eyed looking through 25 pages and did not find it LOL Thanks AGAIN for the post Lucky.

babyrocky1
August 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I was just reading that site, what a great site. I dont think it was popsicle tough, I remember seeing Popsicles story on t.v. The one I was thinking of was posted here and it was a pit bull rescued from the "Ont pit bull ban" and given a job with an American Police Dept. Hopefully whoever posted it will remember.

LL1
August 5th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Way to go Neville!!! Thanks to Veronica and to Sharon, who is a pets.ca member!!! (She posts as Spurby, and is wonderful!)
Here is the condensed story of Neville, due to die by decree of Michael Bryant, now treasured as a member of the police force!:)

Thanks to Veronica, and all the folks at Bullies in Need!!!

http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=130060

Neville getting his graduation cupcake!

babyrocky1
August 5th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Way to go SPURBY!!!!!! Did you update the evil MB Actually it might be good to send this into the media to co-ordinate with the up-coming date...Aug 29th. Theyll all be skulking around looking for head-lines again...It would be nice to see that one make it! Expecialy to compare it to Julian Fantinos testimony...oh I meant to say...JOB INTERVIEW! Wow thats so great Spurby...Proud to know you :)

pittymomma
August 5th, 2005, 09:05 PM
GOOD JOB Neville,

Bullies In Need was just one tiny entity in Nevilles success, there are MANY MANY other people who did way more than us.

:crazy: Spurby rocks!!!! :queen: :angel: :evil:

babyrocky1
August 5th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Well congrats to all involved! And welcome to the board Pittymomma! :highfive:

Lucky Rescue
August 5th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Hey Pittymomma!!:) I love this story, and think you're great!:D (Well, except for that "clean freak" thing you've got going on!) LOL!!!!

CyberKitten
August 5th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Awwww Lucky!! Thx so much for this story - it brought tears to my eyes - it is such a moving and inspirational sory. I do hope someone emails it to Mr. Bryant - maybe as many of us as possible should!!!

Lucky Rescue
August 5th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I do hope someone emails it to Mr. Bryant - maybe as many of us as possible should!!!

Shameful, isn't it? Using a DOG as a scapegoat for all the evils perpetrated by humans, who our government hasn't got the guts to deal with as they should be.

You know what Bryant would say "Yeah, maybe Neville is fine TODAY, but tomorrow, when his brain outgrows his skull he'll "turn" on those cops, and the people of Ontario will be call me a hero for saving them from the scourge of this killing machine/ticking time bomb/locked-jawed monster!!"

babyrocky1
August 5th, 2005, 09:42 PM
It really is too bad Bryant spent all his time spreading hate about innocent dogs, maybe he could have spent that time clearing the streets of a few GUNS instead and we might not have four year olds being shot by accident in Ontario! {a four year old was shot in Toronto a few days ago!} Thres been quite a rash of shootings in the past few weeks!

twinmommy
August 5th, 2005, 10:29 PM
when his brain outgrows his skull he'll "turn" on those cops,

So? They're COPS!!

Just kidding, no offense Bearsmom and Schwinn (love you guys ;) )

Just humor me guys it's been one hell of a day, and this story made me smile through tears.

Thanks LR.

Lucky Rescue
August 5th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Thres been quite a rash of shootings in the past few weeks!

Pit bulls must be behind this too! I"m sure of it. Have they blamed the plane crash on them yet?

Sorry for your bad day, twinmommy!:(

twinmommy
August 5th, 2005, 11:05 PM
aww thanks.

Nothing a nose full of cat hair can't cure.

*cuddles Sam the cat*

Spurby
August 6th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks! So many people were involved with this rescue, we at BIN are very proud of all those involved, esp Neville :)

We have been contacted by some media to do a story on Neville, if it pans out, either i or Pittymomma(who is awesome too! :crazy: ) will post it!

Just remember, Neville was one of the lucky ones to get out, there ARE more Nevilles out there, we just need foster and adoptive homes for them :)

LL1
August 6th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Spurby!You rock!I did not know pittymomma was here as well,she also rocks!

Spurby
August 6th, 2005, 12:24 AM
No! YOU rock LL1 :thumbs up Thanks for the kudos and all your awesome advice! :)

chico2
August 6th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Wow,what a wonderful story,made possible by wonderful people :love:
I reads like a fairytale,one with a very happy"and they lived happily ever after"!

pittymomma
August 6th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Pit bulls must be behind this too! I"m sure of it. Have they blamed the plane crash on them yet?

LMAO!!!!!!! I choked on my coffee reading that.

Lucky Rescue
August 6th, 2005, 06:07 PM
I choked on my coffee reading that.

Hope you wiped it up right away.;)

twodogsandacat
August 7th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I been watching this story for a while and not only did he get accepted into training HE PASSED. Congratulations Neville. Make us all proud. :thumbs up

Congratulations also to ALL those that participated in making this happen and ALL those who had to be convinced to ignore the hysteria in order to ALLOW this to happen. Those willing to ignore opinions based on fear and ignorance and focus on facts are the real leaders of the world. Those who spread fear to become leaders are the worst – like the Ontario Liberals under the leadership of Dalton McGuinty and Michael Bryant.

The focus and determination that these dogs have may have been developed in the cruellest of places but it’s time to show that the very traits many fear can be the traits that allow them to contribute in very significant ways.

If any believe that this is nothing but a publicity stunt think again. Neville did not get a free ride (other than the plane ride) and had to beat out real competition to do this. In a post 911 America public safety and the associated risks are taken seriously (maybe too much so) but there is no room for second best even to prove a point. When only the best will do this dog has shown that he has the right stuff.

I hope that Neville’s career sniffing bombs is as successful as Popsicle’s career sniffing drugs. This is a State where Ahmed Ressam was busted at the border trying to bring explosives in using a ferry so the reality is that Neville is an active participant in the War on Terror and is on the front lines of Homeland security. He is not some PUPPY FOR SHOW only Mr. Bryant he’s the real deal and you can be assured if he makes a bust like that – there are many people who will make sure his name is known across 52 states – and yours too.

• Ahmed Ressam, 32, who faces five federal counts in connection with bomb-making materials found in his rental car as he entered the country by ferry from Canada. Ressam was arrested on December 14.
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/01/04/border.arrest.01/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Ressam

Imagine a terrorist plot being foiled and this mutt becoming an American hero. I sincerely hope that Neville makes a bust of such significant importance that America gleefully rubs Michael Bryant’s nose in doo doo.

God Bless Neville and the USA. :usa:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

melanie
August 7th, 2005, 06:04 PM
yay for neville, what a champ.... its sad to think he may have been pts when he is doing a wonderful job and may save lives through his actions, great one nev...

and i must say that copper in the secound photo is lovely, very nice on the eyes so to speak, and i will happily give him a donation any day, lol.... :angel: