Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Desperately Seeking Dog-Friendly Mtl. Apt.

Praellwyn
August 5th, 2005, 09:40 AM
:highfive: Hi!

My sweete Bulli, Scarlet, & I are desperately searching for a dog-friendly apt in Montreal. Preferably the West end still. My repairs (many serious) were drawn out unnecessarily (vs other pet-less tenants). The other dog in the building affected also repairs to her family's apt. but they were able to move to the building next door which is dog-friendly but is impossible for Scarlet as she is recovering from reconstructive leg surgery (1 leg to go!) & needs the lest # of stairs.

Now, after accepting my July rent (still waiting on repairs) we are being evicted (no pet clause on lease) because I refused to pay our landlady's outrageous (& unwarrented) rent increase.

Any help?

Lucky Rescue
August 5th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear that you're being harassed.:(

Go to the following site and you can search all apts in Montreal. Do an "Advanced search" and you can choose pet-friendly places.
http://www.louer.com/search/res.html

Rottielover
August 5th, 2005, 10:16 AM
you also should go to the montreal site to see which cities have a by law of no bullies. Unfortunetly, many west end cities do not allow.....call the city of montreal, or the burrow, you are thinking about moving too

meimei
August 5th, 2005, 10:32 AM
If you're not obtuse to living on the West Island, you will get lucky finding an apartment which allows pets. Also the Plateau Montreal is pretty good with pets also. I know there are several appartment buildings in my area that welcome them. (West Island, west of St. Charles)

Best of luck to you with your search
If you want some phone numbers let me know and as I drve by I'll collect a few. Please let me know what size appt you are looking for.

Cheers
MM