Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A new day, a new member

Eeyore
August 5th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Hello to everyone! I am a newbie to these boards, and just wanted to say hello and introduce my(our)selves.
We are the proud new parents of an 8 month old black lab/border collie female pup called Misty, and proud OLD parents of a 5 year old female tabby called Jessie.
Life has certainly become interesting since Misty (or Missdemeanor :) ) has come to live with us...but she's a sweetie and we love having her.
Jessie has "gone to ground" since Misty has been around, but we have great hopes that they will at least learn to tolerate each other! Shortly after we got Misty, we left town for a month, so they really haven't had time to adjust...all in good time, I guess.
Have a great day all!

Rita
August 5th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Welcome Eeyore and furbabies!!! (love the userid :) )
I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but on this board we all LOVE to see pictures of furbabies !!!! :crazy:

Prin
August 5th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Yes we LOVE pics. You can't post too many. Welcome to the board! :crazy:

Writing4Fun
August 5th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the board, Eeyore! Don't worry - Jessie will come around and let Misty know who's really in charge. ;) Time & patience, and make sure Jessie has enough places to hide from the pup when the attention gets to be too much for her. :)

Jackie467
August 5th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the board. I had that prob with my 12 year old cat and my new puppy when I brought her home, but now they respectfully ignore each other lol. Just give it some time.