Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hospitals here

jackieb
August 5th, 2005, 06:57 AM
I am a little disapointed in the hospitals here in england you get it free too you pay if you earn money a little contribution.

My middle son went in last week he had a punture wound to the head they saw him straight away which pleased me. But he was pouring with blood i was covered in blood so was he. Anyway they decided it was a punture wound about 5mm deap it didnt need anything to apply presure for 5 minutes to stop it and to keep doing it wth! He is nearly 4 he doesnt keep still! Anyway its healed over a bit now.

Then yesterday my youngest fell we dont know how took the skin off his ankle so that it was just stuck on with the pressure and a fine thread. They decided to freese this and reconstruc the ankle but they couldnt do it after trying (hes 2). It was too tight so they call a plastic surgeon in who debats weather to take more skin away to try and rebuild the ankle. Well they then decide to leave it to dress it and bandage it. I have to go back every 2 days and wait (with 3 boys!) to prevent infection. It will take at least 2 months to get anywere near healing wth what are they on!

sorry for the rant

twinmommy
August 6th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Ahh, there is a special place in heaven for the mommy of BOYS!!!!

Godluvya, I was dizzy for you just reading that post. :grouphug:

I hope they are feeling at least a bit better today.....??? Poor little guys, and POOR MOMMY!!!!! :sorry:

StaceyB
August 6th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I was quite the tom boy growing up but never have I had stitches. My son has had 5 sets of them so far and is only 11. The first was when he was bending down to pick up a blanket that was under an end table for his sister (right eyelid), second he was twirling around in his room holding a kitten when he lost his balance and fell onto his metal boxspring(right eye lid), third he was running into the house with a new toy to show Dad and fell onto the bottom frame of door(right eye lid), fourth was when he was playing in a lake when his cousin chased him out, a root was sticking out and sliced (between toes), fifth he was taking garbage out 2 days before we were to go camping, the hard plasic wrap from the flashlights we had bought came through the bag and sliced his knee. When he does it, he does it well but I guess thats a boy for you.