Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Friends Chiluahua sick!

Cindyp
August 4th, 2005, 01:41 PM
:sad: :sad: My friends Chihuahua is sick and the vet canít find out what is wrong with him. He is a well-known vet in our area and highly recommended. They have done blood test, altrasound and x-rays and still cannot find out what is wrong with him. One day he was fine then he has not been himself ever since about 6 weeks ago. Hardly eats, become inactive, canít walk around the yard, not sociable (wonít come to greet you by licking your toes) looks bloated, just donít seem all there! They changed his diet to have him loose some weight, but did not think that should effect him. Any thoughts of what may be going on with him? Thanks for any ideas on what to check for. Cindy

Today I went to my friends work and they now are saying they think the 11yr old dog Chico may have lost his eye sight during all of this...can that happen that fast? He still looks very uncomfortable, bloated? Thanking for any comments. Cindy

Lucky Rescue
August 4th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Is there vomiting? Has the vet suggested the possibility of a blockage? Sometimes surgery is necessary to reveal it since it won't always show on x-rays and owners can be resistant to surgery.

Hope the little guy feels better!

Cindyp
August 4th, 2005, 04:24 PM
No vomiting! I thought a blockage would show on an ultrasound? They are now checking with another vet to see if there are any other options to try to find out what is wrong with him. He looks so unhappy and his family just don't know what else to do.... :fingerscr Thanks for you reply Cindy :usa: