Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Great Pyrenees (white) Lacombe

Jazzmanian
August 4th, 2005, 11:56 AM
My neighbor found a Great Pyrenees on our street this morning. Currently my neighbor has it in her garage. I'm not sure what steps she is taking to find the owner, but I thought I'd post here in case.

Description: Very well cared for Great Pyrenees (White)
friendly, wearing choker chain only, no tag.
Date/Time: Aug 4, 2005 around 8:00AM

I've seen this dog and it's owner walking before so I believe it to be a local pet. Please PM me ASAP if you see this to get in touch with my neighbor.

mona_b
August 4th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I would definately tell your neighbour to plast posters in the area.I would call the local vets also to see if they know of anyone owning this breed of dog.If so,they can call the owner.And since you have seen this owner with the dog,you already know the discription.

Best of luck.

Jazzmanian
August 4th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks Mona.

I called the vets (only one I know if in town) and although they are not familiar with the dog, or its owner, they have my ph. numbers now in case the owner calls the vets office looking.

mona_b
August 4th, 2005, 12:37 PM
YW :)

It's good that the vet has your number.Hopefully the owner will call.

I would definately start with the posters then.

Is there anyway you can get a pic of the dog and post it on here?

Jazzmanian
August 4th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Not till I get home tonight from work, and only if the nieghbor has not had the dog picked up by bylaw. I'm not sure what additional information a pic would provide in this board.

Basically if you are missing a Great Pyrenees in Lacombe this morning, your likely the only one who is. :)

Writing4Fun
August 4th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Would your neighbor be willing to take the dog to the local vet to check for a microchip?

lauriem
August 5th, 2005, 12:29 PM
if it's a local pet try walking her and tying her up to your front balcony, that way when the people who own her drive around searching the'll see her right away!
ask them to return with a photo in case they are not the owners.
good luck finding her family
Laurie

MissingDog
March 24th, 2010, 04:05 PM
is he all white??? or does he have Badger Markings???

MissingDog
March 24th, 2010, 04:06 PM
i am missing a pyrenees since about nov may have been picked up by someone he is all white with grey color badger markings

Frenchy
March 24th, 2010, 04:23 PM
MissingDog , this thread is from 2005.

Did you open up a thread in the missing dog forum here ?