Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My first time spending some time with a pit bull

heidiho
August 3rd, 2005, 05:24 PM
I just had to say,the guy i am seeing has a boxer and a pit..I went to his house and spent about an hour or so with both,his pitbull was the sweetest thing i have ever seen,it would have a bone in its mouth and th boxer would get right up on him and put his mouth on the pits to get the bone and the pittie loved it,it was the cutest thing ever..The boxer was actually the mean dog.....Just wanted to say that,ok bye,.... :eek:

Dog Dancer
August 3rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
A friend of mine has a very large pit and it's the nicest dog you want to meet. Takes a cookie with a softer mouth than my lab does. He suggested the dog would give me kisses and he nearly broke my nose by bouncing up to kiss me. Great dog!

heidiho
August 3rd, 2005, 05:51 PM
I tell u he was so sweet the boxer was the holy terror,when they were on the bed the pit had the bone all the way in his mouth and the boxer would try and try to get it out and the pit bull would not growl or anything and finally gave it up to him,then on the couch he would just jump right in my lap,i tell u iam sold,he is a sweetheart/

Copper'sMom
August 3rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
Heidiho, did you get kisses from the Pit Bull?? Let me tell you, it's a kiss you'll never forget!! LOL Just be sure to take a deep breath before the kiss begins, you'll start gasping for air!!!! LOL

That's great you got to meet a Pit Bull! So many people just don't understand their personalities. It's those people that think us Pit Bull owners are all full of crap when we boast and brag about our dogs being soo friendly. They wonder why we do all we can to fight BSL to save our dogs and other breeds when these dogs are "inherently dangerous."

Hey, this is how I got hooked on the breed. An ex boyfriend had one and I fell in love with his dog! Most people say, I stayed in the relationship for the dog --which is mostly true! Jesse(dog) was the sweetest, most loving dog. I will never ever forget about him. I have a pic of him in my living room - he was like my own. And well, now I have 2 of them!!!! :eek: :love: It will be a sad day when my two pass on - knowing I can never own another.......unless I move out of the province!

babyrocky1
August 3rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
Welcome to our world Heidiho...hope the boyfriend can compete with his dogs LOL He must be a pretty good guy to if he has good dogs though...not the worst way to size up a new beau...!spelling??? Does anyone say Beau anymore? no comments please Coppers Mom OL :crazy:

Beaglemom
August 4th, 2005, 08:16 AM
I've loved pit bulls ever since I can remember. They truly are very loving dogs!

I had the pleasure of living with one for a few months. He wasn't mine, but my cousins who was staying with us for a few months while they looked for a new place that would allow dogs. He was the sweetest, most loveable and playful dog ever! Boy, was he strong though and wasn't even full grown. Everytime he saw me, he would go bananas, he knew I would play with him forever. Pit Bull kisses are great! He is actually the dog that convinced my husband that Pitties are great dogs if raised correctly.

I have a few family members that have pitties or have had them in the past. All of which have been and are truly amazing dogs! I had always hoped that someday I would be able to have one all to myself, but with this new law, it doesn't look like that will be in the foreseable future. :(

Lucky Rescue
August 4th, 2005, 08:36 AM
I was amazed the first time I met a pit bull too! I couldn't believe that this beautiful, sweet, people-loving, soft-natured silly clown with the expressive eyes was the man-eating monster the newspapers were yelling about!

Let me tell you, it's a kiss you'll never forget!
Yeah, just keep your mouth closed if you don't want a foot-long tongue down your throat!:p

heidiho
August 4th, 2005, 08:44 AM
That is to funny,yes he is a kisser when i sat on the couch he jumped right on my lap,heavy thing he is,and we kissed,his name is Blue,he is a blue pitbull,never heard of that,but he said he is a blue pitbill,and he actually looks blue,..Yeah i had a better time with the dogs then him,they were sweethearts and when my boyfriend went to the gargage for about ten minutes,the pit bull cried and cried at the door for him,i am in love....He is an awesome dog ,i now full y understand everyones love for them,i would get one in a second in ihad the finances......Greta dogs.. :thumbs up :thumbs up

Schwinn
August 4th, 2005, 09:31 AM
The blue ones are gorgeous. And yes, they are lickers!

kandy
August 4th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Every pitty I've ever met has been a big sweetie! The only thing I didn't like was for those who have tails - the tail is like a whip, only harder, and will leave major welts because they wag em so hard! :D When I'm petting a pit, I always make sure I stay closer to the front end so they can't get me with that tail! :o

Beaglemom
August 4th, 2005, 09:38 AM
There really are few other breeds that give kisses just like pitties. Anybody who receives one is hooked for life! Michael Bryant should have received one and maybe then he would have realized how dumb this law is!

Blaze01
August 4th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Honestly I have always been afraid of pit bulls...Everytime we would be near one my mom would grab and me and tell me not to look at it in the eye. My friend Kate has two pits bulls (a brindle and a blue) so I would never go to her house...
Finally after being left out from going to Kates house I sucked it up and went...I am so glad I did because I got to met two of the cutest and sweetest dogs in the world. They are so loving, loyal and have great personalities.
I am still a little nervous of pits that I dont know or who i think might be mean but for the most part Tuna (Brindle) and Rosco (Blue) have gotten me over my fear.
I think one reason they are so sweet is because Kate is very strict and has given them tons of training.

Schwinn
August 4th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Most are sweet to people by nature. It's the mean ones who have been influenced by people.

Dogastrophe
August 4th, 2005, 10:35 AM
I haven't had a PB living in my house for many years so cannot really comment on the 'living with' aspect in today's anti-PB world. However, my most recent direct experience with them has been nothing but positive. I have seen some absolutely wonderful ones come and get adopted while volunteering at my local SPCA. One in particular was a young male (~ 2 years old) named Max. The only thing that he would purposely try to scare were rocks. Max didn't just like rocks, he loved rocks - he liked to carry them, chew on them, chase them, growl at them, push them around with his nose, etc, and the bigger the rock the better (as long as it could fit in his mouth). Even though he loved his rocks, he wouldn't say a word if you walked up to him and pulled one from his mouth (although you were risking getting your face washed). When he wasn't searching for rocks, he was leaving wide slobber marks on any living thing that stood still long enough for him to kiss. I'm not sure his tail ever stopped wagging. Absolutely fabulous dog when in the hands of the right people and treated the way they are meant to be treated.

bluntman
August 4th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I'm so glad for you heidiho!!! Thats great news. I know you allways kept an open mind and never hated pits, but, you were not to sure why some of us loved them so much, but now you get it. My first experience with a pit was very similar to yours heidiho , and I have been hooked ever since. I just got a 15 month old rescued pit bull a month ago, and she is an absolute sweet heart, I thought for sure I would have my hands full with her, and she would have a lot of issues to deal with, but was I ever wrong. She has been the perfect dog since the first second I grabed her leash. She is a deffinet goof ball, loves to play and she is the most obediant dog I have ever owned, ban or no ban I will allways own a pit type dog.

heidiho
August 4th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I honestly didnt know anything about them,his is beautiful,and sooo sweet,i would love to have one...If you could see him with the boxer it is adorable.......I was nervous when i got there,when he opened the door and he came up to me,it took about 5 seconds to see what a baby he is.......

Lissa
August 4th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed and liked the pit bull; from what I've read on this site they sound like amazing companions!

I wish my experiences with them could have been nicer. I really can't wait to meet a responsible pit bull owner and their pit bull(s). Unfortunately, every pittie I have spent time with or met briefly have been not so nice. Honestly, before I came to this site, I wondered why anybody would ever want one.

Thankfully, I came to this site and have been given the opportunity to hear about responsible pit bull owners and their amazing dogs; it has been a huge learning experience. Now, I just need to find someone like you did heidiho, so I can interact with a nice pittie too :) !

babyrocky1
August 4th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Hey Lissa! anytime your in Toronto Rocky is available for a meet and greet LOL hes a big kisser too! And as mentioned previously "watch out for the tail!"

babyrocky1
August 4th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Heidiho, Ive never seen a blue pit bull except for in books...wow...could you post some pics of your new LUVS? Rocky had one blue spot on his ear, which I cherished but it turned black just like his other spots at some point.

heidiho
August 5th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Next time i go over there i will take pics,yeah he really is blue,and his name is blue,he is adorable......

Lucky Rescue
August 5th, 2005, 10:14 AM
IF you lived in a place like California, you would see a million blue pit bulls - most of them in shelters and pounds. They're a dime a dozen.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of completely disreputable people churning them out, with visions of getting rich. Yah right. :mad:

Here's a gorgeous blue dog, dumped of course, now safe and happy at Pitcrew Rescue!:)

heidiho
August 29th, 2005, 09:50 AM
My friend e mailed me pics of his pit and boxer but i do not know how to get them here,anyone have an e mail i can send them to???

Copper'sMom
August 29th, 2005, 10:22 AM
i sent you a pm HeidiHo!!

Copper'sMom
August 29th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Here's the first Pit Bull Heidiho had the pure pleasure of meeting!! His name is Blue and he's a handsome fellow!!! :love:

Copper'sMom
August 29th, 2005, 03:30 PM
And here is Blue with his buddie the boxer, but I don't know his name! :confused:

heidiho
August 29th, 2005, 03:44 PM
thank u,went there this weekend i LOVE his pit..........

marvandmisty
August 29th, 2005, 04:41 PM
it is my opinion that a pit bull is the best dog u can own we have three and one that is about to deliver. they are the sweetiest dogs ever the reason so many have bad nammes and there are so many laws is that alot of people would rather fight them than love them. we will not ever have a puppy go to someone who fights them. we are trying to get a license to become a pit bull rescue. some people just dont care about their dogs but for those of us who do pit bulls are great

heidiho
August 29th, 2005, 05:32 PM
He is one of the most docile dogs i have ever met,they are so cut together....

doggy lover
August 30th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Tucker and I met a pitbull in the park one day, I asked if the dog was friendly as I ask with all dogs. The owner says you relize that it is a pitbull, I said I know but is he friendly, the owner said yes and Tucker ended up having a great time with him. I wonder how they are taking the ban, I don't see him very often.

BullLover
August 30th, 2005, 09:24 AM
He's a cutie pie.... :angel:

Copper'sMom
August 30th, 2005, 10:06 AM
OOPS! One more pic to add!

heidiho
August 30th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Thank U,not Sure Who I Like Better The Dog Or My Friend..

heidiho
August 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM
You can see the bone in the boxers mouth you should see them to take it from each other,it is soo cute...

Copper'sMom
August 30th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Thank U,not Sure Who I Like Better The Dog Or My Friend..

No problem! hmmm................that is a tough decsion! ;) lol

heidiho
August 30th, 2005, 10:28 AM
it really is,his pit is the sweetest thing,it just blows me away..

Blaze01
August 30th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Geez...cute guy and cute dog...your to lucky!

heidiho
August 30th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah they both are fun,and he just bought a brand new chopper,you should see him when he pulls up on it..to die for..I really only go to his house to see his dogs,mainly the pb,i am just in awe of his personality...

Luvmypit
August 30th, 2005, 03:44 PM
What a beautiful boy!

oh and the dogs are pretty cute too.... ! ;)

jessi76
August 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
..I really only go to his house to see his dogs...

Ok, if that's what you say... but after seeing that last pic, I'm finding that hard to believe... ;)

(and ya, the dogs are cute too!)

heidiho
August 31st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Not to get off the subject,but yeah u should see these other pics i have of him,mmmm..But it really is the dog.. ;)

Beckya82
August 31st, 2005, 03:07 PM
heidiho, so glad that you got to meet one of the good pit bulls (believe me there are more good than bad). He is beautiful from those pictures, the boxer is gorgeous too. I have a four year old pit bull named Abby, she's the cutest thing EVER!! She's small in size so she likes to think she's a lap dog, lol. You should see her cuddle and the kisses last forever :) God they really are such awesome dogs, I just wish more people had an open mind like you to meet the good pit bulls with good owners. :thumbs up

heidiho
August 31st, 2005, 03:10 PM
He is so good to those dogs,it is adorable.Yeah i am in love with his pit,boxer is sweet to ,but the disposition on the pit bull is something else,so sweettt

love my dogs
August 31st, 2005, 08:19 PM
The more people we can socialize with our dogs, the more people will see them as sweet and friendly. The media has made people so afraid of them, as if they are all vicious monsters. It's always good to be cautious, but many of us have pb's that love kisses and attention

doggy lover
September 1st, 2005, 07:52 AM
When I see a pitbull, I always look at the owner. If its a male and they look like the dog is making up for something they are lacking I steer clear. If the owner looks like a normal person out for a walk, then I approach the same way I do with any other dog. Mind you there are other dogs that I stay away from when the owner is in question too.

Beckya82
September 1st, 2005, 08:36 AM
That is so true doggy lover. You can usually sum up the personality of a dog by their owner. I've met a few questionable pit bulls in my area, but mine is so well behaved and gentle that even children come up to pet her when I take her out. It should be the same etiquette with all dogs though, always ask the owner first if you can pet it. With any dog you just never know how the owner has raised it. It's better to be safe then sorry :)

heidiho
September 1st, 2005, 12:41 PM
Yeah my friend is so funny,laid back,and loves his dogs,,

mypetbull
September 3rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
thankfully most people i know love pits. i got turned on to pits when i moved in with my step family. my brother had a little female named angel who was the best family dog i have ever been around, a few of my friends wanted pits after having been around her. i curently have her daughter, sin, who is my one and only baby, unfortunatly angel died when the pups were only 3 weeks old. my brother use to breed her for profit, the only good thing i can say is i know none of them ended up in a shelter, though unfortunatly one of the pups, a beuatifull white male, went to a psycho and got trained to be a fighter and got put down. im from california and unfortunatly LR is very right, there are tons of blues and reds in shelters and pounds, they very popular and everyone wants to try and make a buck, and it is very sad. but you also see tons of people walking around with their kids and on the end of the leash is a pit, which i always like to see.

Lucky Rescue
September 3rd, 2005, 10:03 PM
unfortunatly angel died when the pups were only 3 weeks old.
Oh how sad this sweet girl had to be a puppy factory and die so your brother could make a few bucks. I hope it was worth it. RIP Angel. :sad:

Hey Heidi - I"m sure the dogs are a big attraction but..umm...that guy is darned cute! :D