Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What breed am I?

kayla
August 2nd, 2005, 01:54 PM
Iíve been trying to guess what my dog is a mix of and was hoping some people here could help me out with the guessing game! Right now Iím leaning towards some sort of German Shepherd mix, maybe with Rhodesian Ridgeback? Iím thinking Shepherd mixed with something because of her coloring and one ear sticks up naturally (the only dogs I can think of with naturally standing up ears are huskies and shepherds). I also saw a pic of a Ridgeback once which reminded me of her, and she also has a slight dark line on her spine (but maybe this can come from the Shepherd side?). I've had two people mention she could have part Pit bull in her too?

Anyways if anyone has any guesses Iíd love to hear them!

kayla
August 2nd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Here's a pic where you can kind of see the line on her back I was talking about (hard to see in the pic though!). I'd never really noticed it before but a friend pointed it out and now I see it and am thinking it could mean she's part Ridgeback?

StaceyB
August 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM
I would have to say I agree with your first choice.

Lucky Rescue
August 2nd, 2005, 02:12 PM
To me, she looks like she could be GSD/Lab, maybe.

Since those two breeds are so common, that's what comes to mind. RRs are not seen very commonly.

Beaglemom
August 2nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
I definitely see the GSD in her. I don't see the ridge on her back. It is darker, but no hair is creating the ridge as seen on a Ridgeback. I have to agree with Lucky in that Ridgebacks are not very common so the likelihood of her having Ridgeback in her is slim. I would say that she is definitely a GSD mix of some sort, not sure mixed with what though.

Luba
August 2nd, 2005, 02:28 PM
GSD x very sweet and huggable :D

kandy
August 2nd, 2005, 04:25 PM
Love those ears! It makes her look like she's questioning - like someone who raises one eyebrow! :D My son has a friend who has a RR and I can see it her eyes - the only dogs I've seen with that true golden eye color are RR's and Dog De Boudeaux's - but I'm definitely no expert! It's so hard to tell - the coloring also lends itself to a RR (the dimpled color on the back and sides), but that could be just coincidence. So many mixed breeds can look like so many breeds - you just never know. If I had to guess, I would say GSD and RR.

kayla
August 2nd, 2005, 05:39 PM
I know Ridgeback's are pretty rare but I just think she's got something in her other than shepherd/lab. I just can't get over how much she looks like a ridgeback either! This is a pic of her compared to two purebred RR's. She even has that little hollow between the eye and cheekbone, and her forehead wrinkles and her reddy color... Her face seems to have something other than just shepherd/lab, I just can't figure out what!

nymph
August 3rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
She seems to have pitbull ears.