Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cat has lumps everywhere!!!

equesttsw
August 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
:confused: :pawprint: :eek: I adopted my cat 1 year ago from the MSPCA and since about one month after I adopted her, I began to see little lesions on her skin... here and there. Nothing alarming. ALmost like she was allergic to something or scratching at herself. but she is 100% declawed, front and back... so that eliminated the scratching. Now... those little lesions are spreading on her body and they begin as tiny lumps and after a day or two... they break open completely with blood secreted and they form a scab. Then they heal and dissapear. But now they are reappearing everywhere and more often. mostly around her ears, shoulders, chest area, and front sides. Do you have any suggestions on what this could possibly be? I am so afraid of taking her to the vet and having them tell me how astronomically this is going to cost me... because I dont have a ton of money.... I dont know what to do... please I need your advice?[/SIZE]

Lucky Rescue
August 2nd, 2005, 09:52 AM
I'm sorry, but you will have to take your cat to the vet. She cannot continue this way, and it will get worse.

Could be an immune system problem, or allergy. You need to get a skin scraping and/or blood test to at least find out what it is.

A cat of mine had something that sounds very much the same.

Is your cat itchy? How sad that she has no claws and cannot even scratch an itch.:(

Please take her to the vet to see if they even know what this is. Then come back here.

If this is what my cat had, I can maybe offer suggestions of what to do that wont' cost a fortune!

Prin
August 2nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Please take her to the vet. :)

equesttsw
August 2nd, 2005, 12:10 PM
I will take her to the vet today!!! I will let you all know what it is and what they say.
thanks

Prin
August 2nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
Please come back and update us! We love happy endings. :) :fingerscr

CyberKitten
August 2nd, 2005, 01:51 PM
Poor baby with no claws!! Esp on all 4 paws. You coud help her scratch in a way that does not hurt her. But I am glad to hear you are taking her to the vet - I bet you the evi person who declawed her found behavioural changes post declaw and yet another declawed orphan arrived at a shelter, sigh!! Gad she has a home with you and hope this is not a serious prob!