Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Abused young Beagle mix needs urgent foster!!/Mtl

Lucky Rescue
August 1st, 2005, 10:53 PM
Just got this email:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone, I am writting to tell you all about his wonderful dog that needs a new home. She was found running around on Sherbrooke St west near Westmister in NDG last week. I called around to the SPCA and Berger Blanc and other vet clinics to find out if anyone called in a lost beagle.

NO one did. I kept her for a few days and then realized that she was abused. She has a big scar around her muzzle top and bottom from being tied tightly shut. She is a sweet, gentle energetic ( but not overly hyper) young beagle mix. She is female and maybe about 9 months or so. She is about 25 pounds and in good over all shape. I had her checked out today by a vet and had her sterilized and vaccinated.

She needs a home with someone who will have the time to train her. Since I have only seen what she is like in a cage (sometimes urinates & defecated incage & barks) I don't know what she is like in a home. She seems very eager to please and with just a little love and positive reinforcements she will be a wonderful pet. I think she will learn quickly & probably be best trained using a crate, at least in the beginning.

Because I live in an apartment I cannot take her in (I already have a full house) she is stuck in a cage all day until I find her a home or at least a foster home. Please send this email to anyone you know that may be able to help. The more people hear about this dog the better her chances of finding a good home. Please contact me by email or by phone 884-5958 & leave a message if I don't answer.
Cindy (cynthia_cere@hotmail.com)

Lucky Rescue
August 2nd, 2005, 10:30 AM
Another pic of this cutie:

CyberKitten
August 2nd, 2005, 10:47 AM
Awwwww! She looks a bit like my baby, now at Rainbow Ridge, poor baby!

Lil'RickyMom
August 7th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Her name is now Pebbles and she is up for adoption. Soon to be posted on www.sophie.petfinder.com

Swet girl, very very thin, needs to put on weight. Has a bad cut accross her nose that is healing. Anyone interested in meeting her can contact me.

Prin
August 7th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Aw cutie. I hope she finds a deserving home. :love:

Lil'RickyMom
August 8th, 2005, 02:30 PM
OK, so the foster family thought Pebbles was too common. I did give them the choice to pick a cute name they felt would be suited for her.... They came up with Hermione (from Harry Potter?). I guess it's original...

So her new name is Hermione (probably to be changed once adopted anyway!). She is going up today (on the petfinder site).

The foster home tells me she is absolutely wonderful, very sweet, so far she has had no accidents in the home. She has a lot of energy, but very affectionate.

Lucky Rescue
August 8th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I have her listed on my site as "Josie", so I will remove my listing.

coppperbelle
August 8th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Lots of names for such a young dog. :) She is a lucky girl to have been found and taken care of so well. Good luck finding her a forever home. I am sure it won't be too difficult. She is a cutie.

Toonces
September 2nd, 2005, 06:10 PM
Any updates on this cuite? Is she ok?

BMDLuver
September 3rd, 2005, 08:02 AM
Hermione shows as being adopted on Sophies petfinder site! :thumbs up

Toonces
September 3rd, 2005, 08:26 AM
YAY!!! Great news to start the day :D

marko
September 3rd, 2005, 10:20 AM
yes it's true! great news. I received this message yesterday.

Hermione (the beagle mix) is being adopted, she is being fostered with
intent and will be adopted next week as the family is gone on vacation.