Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just put our cat down

kristen38
August 1st, 2005, 09:36 AM
I just came back from the vet where I had to put my cat of 16.5 years down. He was having difficulty breathing and was not moving very much. I think that it was the best thing that I could do for him and now I know that he is not uncomfortable anymore. I know that I am going to be sad for a long time, but he is going to be happier. :(

mona_b
August 1st, 2005, 10:04 AM
Oh Kristen.

I'm so very sorry to hear that.

I know it's hard.But just remember you gave him a great life and he knew you loved him.He is free from pain now.Yes,you will be sad for some time.But that's natural.

Do you have a pic of your boy you can post?

:grouphug:

kristen38
August 1st, 2005, 10:47 AM
I will be posting a picture soon, I just need to find one, but it is on another computer.
Kristen

Luba
August 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Kristen I'm sorry to hear that and you had your baby for so very long.

You must have some beautiful memories.

Rest in peace sweet kitty :angel:

shannon1233A
August 1st, 2005, 11:08 AM
Kristen, I'm sorry for your loss. You were faithful to him and his best interests for a very long time. I'm sure he knew that and felt your love. You put his feelings before your own, and as a loving owner, that's the best thing you could do for him. I'm sure you relieved much pain, and he would thank you for that. God Bless :angel:

Cinnabear
August 2nd, 2005, 12:56 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I have done what you did recently this year too. Very hard to let go. Now they will have fun on the other side. :angel: :grouphug:

Writing4Fun
August 3rd, 2005, 08:14 PM
Kristen, I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: Time will help ease the pain. Just know that he had a good life, he knew you loved him, and now he's pain-free and frolicking over the bridge with all the other kitties (mine included, and I know they're having a great time). :angel:

glasslass
August 3rd, 2005, 08:21 PM
I really, really feel your pain as I lost my 15yr old cat last January. The only thing I can offer is assurance that everyone here on this board sympathizes with you and know what you're going through. It will get easier with time. Eventually, you'll find yourself reliving the happy memories more than remembering the pain of this time. :grouphug: