Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

PUKING endlessly, tooth issue?!

LLoveCCats
August 1st, 2005, 08:10 AM
I’ll try to explain in short –
My cat Pumpkin throws up soooooooo much! He has always done this once in awhile, we think he over eats because he was outdoor. He always threw up chunks of food a couple times per week.

We moved from FL to NY. I noticed the cats got fleas and worms. Pumpkin has been very happy in his new home but he has been throwing up chunks of food EVERY day at this point. I Got wormer, capstar, & frontline from my vet in FL. On 7/26 they all got wormed and de-flead. I figured this would take care of it because usually worms will make cats throw up, I figured Pumpkin would go back to his couple times per week. Since then, now he throws up all chunks of food then he throws up a ton of liquid the same color as his food was.

We leave food out for the cats 24/7…but we have also tried feedings at certain times a day. Neither works with what SEEMS to be his overeating problem. We have tried different foods and we have tried sticking with the same food all the time. It is not hairballs. I really think there is something else going on now too though… This can’t be good for him either. I don’t have a vet here in NY yet either. The only other thing I tell you is that he seems more relaxed in this new house. He is not lethargic or sickly, he loves to run around and play and sleep with you. He is not overweight or underweight. We think he is about 5-years-old. He has always been odd….you can’t pet him unless he is sitting on you, he is very nervous and if you try to touch him he slinks down from you (but he has actually gotten much better about that too, more friendly and less nervous), but he is also VERY affectionate. I’m up at 3am because I hear him throwing up…then I walk around the house and clean for at least 30 minutes with all that there is. Pumpkin needs your advice please! :sick:

The only other thing I can think of to add is that he does have a broken upper fang. My FL vet told me that it was fine and all I could do is have it pulled for a lot of money…Since they told me it was fine to leave that’s what I did. I don’t know if this would cause constant vomiting though. I do have pictures of the tooth, it is yellowed and the gum looks swollen and there is a little red around the tooth itself. That’s the way it was when they looked at it too.
PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS
http://www.catster.com/?56357

Dragonfly
August 1st, 2005, 08:22 AM
If your pet is vomiting, bleeding, has diarrhea etc. seek vet care.

We are unable to diagnose your pet over the internet. Please seek the advice of a trained veterinarian.