Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beaches where dogs are allowed

raingirl
July 31st, 2005, 09:36 AM
Anyone know any beaches where dogs are allowed to go in the water in southern ontario (not lake ontario though...) like public beaches or semi-secluded beaches.

Kariia
July 31st, 2005, 11:30 AM
All I know is that dogs are allowed in Lake Ontario...A guy who owns a cottage on the beach lets his Rottie swim there all the time.

raingirl
July 31st, 2005, 01:21 PM
personally, i wouldn't gop near lake ontario with a ten foot pole!

I was thinking maybe lake simcoe or georgian bay somewhere.

mafiaprincess
July 31st, 2005, 01:24 PM
Lake Erie up in Wainsfleet has a nice beach, seen dogs there, haven't seen a sign saying no dogs..

Lissa
July 31st, 2005, 03:48 PM
You may have already looked and found that the info wasn't useful but here is a previous thread about southern ontario dog parks...

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=12209

I think that we have a long way to go compared to some places in the states. My neighbours go down south for the winter and stop in california because their are so many beaches designated for dogs!

Daniac
July 31st, 2005, 04:28 PM
I take my dogs to Binbrook Conservation Area outside Hamilton. They have an unofficial doggy beach. Otherwise there is easy access to the lake along most of the shoreline.

Between May 24 and Labour Day it's $3.25 to enter, but the rest of the year there is no charge. There are a few hiking trails as well.